cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Backlit Bridge

Vagisil
Level 7
Just wondering if anyone has heard the release date for the backlit ROG SLI bridges?

Wanting one pretty bad so I can finish my build.
8 REPLIES 8

Korth
Level 14
I eagerly await this product as well. Don't like the look of the NVidia bridge, don't like the buggy LED of the EVGA bridge. And the ROG bridge definitely looks best overall - the brushed aluminum would match my chassis nicely.

This part is all about visual bling, it does nothing for performance a standard-issue bridge doesn't already do.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

MatG
Level 9
I am also waiting for this to purchase and are a little disappointed about info on a release date..
Yesterday i saw a PC-builder that was using the new ROG SLI Bridges, but why not get them out in the public so we can spend some money on it??
..i just don't get it 😞

evanalden
Level 7
Just Checking in to see if there has been anything further on its release date. I desperately want one these for my new build.

dietz265
Level 7
All i see is Q2 or mid april. just finished new build just wait on os and bridge.
Need a better date or something concrete.

Kronvict
Level 9
Any word on these yet? Seems like it disappeared from existence.

Kronvict
Level 9

Korth
Level 14
Curious - and awesome! - that Asus decided to power the ROG LED from the PSU instead of from the SLI itself. This has been a chronic problem with competitors' enthusiast bridges, even NVidia's "official" enthusiast bridge only works with NV-reference cards (and even then, it is buggy for many people). LED power is a purely cosmetic thing, but it does matter in this purely cosmetic product.

But this product on Newegg doesn't appear to be exactly the same as the one shown on the Asus ROG site? Specifically, they cannot be user-configured for different slot spacings?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Kronvict
Level 9
The 2-way comes with two different PCBs to switch out for the different slot spaces and the power cable is optional for the cards that do not support it being powered up by the cards itself. Its in the description as well "Contents: 2-WAY: 1 x optional power cable & 2 PCBs included for varying configurations". BTW it is actually shown in the link you posted just gotta scroll down a bit 😛