cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcloking Asus Rampage V / 5820K / Kingston Hyperx Predator 3000

Atovv
Level 7
Hi Folks

I`m trying to get the best STABLE overclock with this gear.

- Asus Rampage V Extreme X99
- Intel i7 5820K with Nepton 280L
- Kingston HyperX Predator 3000 MHZ
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming

I`m new in terms of overcloking but I would like some good advices about how to get it right. If someone has a similar configuration let me know.

All I know is getting into the BIOS and there`s plenty of features in this MB, I`ve overclocked with the profiles over there, but some time my PC freezes for a couple of sec`s, so its not stable.

Atov.
45 REPLIES 45

Korth
Level 14
There is lots of info in these forums (and much more at other overclocking-dedicated forums), if you want to get a better overclock and finer control than the Asus-provided tools can automatically deliver, then you gotta read the guides, understand the ways, and practice the methods. There aren't any quick-n-easy answers because performance of individual parts is highly variable when operated outside manufacturer's spec (ie: overclocked). Good luck.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
There is lots of info in these forums (and much more at other overclocking-dedicated forums), if you want to get a better overclock and finer control than the Asus-provided tools can automatically deliver, then you gotta read the guides, understand the ways, and practice the methods. There aren't any quick-n-easy answers because performance of individual parts is highly variable when operated outside manufacturer's spec (ie: overclocked). Good luck.

Hey Korth

You are absolutely right ! Ill do my research and lets see how it goes

Chino
Level 15
Hello Atov,

Welcome to the ROG forums. You can find a guide linked in my signature for overclocking the different Haswell-E processors on the Rampage V Extreme. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Chino wrote:
Hello Atov,

Welcome to the ROG forums. You can find a guide linked in my signature for overclocking the different Haswell-E processors on the Rampage V Extreme. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Ill start ASAP. I might send you a couple of private messages for help !! Actually Just want my Kingston Predator to pull around 3100 - 3200 mhz and my cpu around the 4.5 -4.8 range

I just want a good OC but most likely very stable.

Thanks

Atovv
Level 7
I have an issue. When I OC my Memory to 3000 MHZ my cpu does down. So I dont really know how to do it.

Also I OC my CPU ...is quite easy, but my memory goes even lower.

I´m a newbie, tried to read all your guides but still cant figure it out.

Help?

lol

Thanks

Chino
Level 15

Atovv
Level 7
Hello Buddy, yes the problem is when I got into the setup in the BIOS. I put the XMP on and all goes fine. But when I do it, my cpu frecuency goes down. So then I put everything back to start. And I OC the CPU, and its fine its goes to 4.5 ghz stable but my memory frecuency goes down to 1900 or something similar.

Also when everything is normal my cpu frecuency is 3.6 ghz and my memory frecuency is 2133 MHZ.

I`m old school, I been with computers since pentium 286 but I`ve stopped 4 or 5 years ago, work issues lol ... so im really off date about Overclocking and this new Bios looks like a hole OS system lol. Too advanced ... So I little help would be awsome.

Ive read some other threads about this motherboard and my memory (Kingston Predator 3000 MHZ 16 GB pack 4x4) and can`t do it as they say in those sites.

Well buddy I hope you can help me lol ! If you have more guides or walk-thru for this motherboard would be great

Chino
Level 15
Hello,

Don't worry about it. Looks like you've been out of the game for a while and sometimes the BIOS for the Rampage V Extreme can be a little overwhelming.

1. Make sure you're running the latest BIOS for your motherboard. If not, prepare an empty FAT32 formatted USB pendrive. Download the latest BIOS and extract it onto the pendrive. Go into the BIOS and navigate to the Tools section and update your BIOS using the EZ Flash Utility. Your system will restart and continue to update the BIOS. Do not turn off your system. When the process is finished, you will be prompted to enter the BIOS.

2. Once in the BIOS, press F5 to load the optimized defaults. Then proceed to enable XMP to make your RAM work at the advertised speed. Press F10 to save and restart. I will need you to enter the BIOS again, then take some screenshots of the settings for the Extreme Tweaker tab. To take screenshots on your USB pendrive, press the F12 key to do so. Once you're done, upload them here and we'll proceed.