Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Hello,

Don't worry about it. Looks like you've been out of the game for a while and sometimes the BIOS for the Rampage V Extreme can be a little overwhelming.

1. Make sure you're running the latest BIOS for your motherboard. If not, prepare an empty FAT32 formatted USB pendrive. Download the latest BIOS and extract it onto the pendrive. Go into the BIOS and navigate to the Tools section and update your BIOS using the EZ Flash Utility. Your system will restart and continue to update the BIOS. Do not turn off your system. When the process is finished, you will be prompted to enter the BIOS.

2. Once in the BIOS, press F5 to load the optimized defaults. Then proceed to enable XMP to make your RAM work at the advertised speed. Press F10 to save and restart. I will need you to enter the BIOS again, then take some screenshots of the settings for the Extreme Tweaker tab. To take screenshots on your USB pendrive, press the F12 key to do so. Once you're done, upload them here and we'll proceed.
    Hey Chino. Ive just download the lastest BIOS, I had the 0802 Bios, now Im uploading the 1401 BIOS (lastest). In 10 minutes ill be uploading the screenshots that you asked me for.

Atov.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey Chino, all done.

Heres the screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RampageV.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	48138

The new bios actually let my cpu at standart frecuency. Thats great and all in auto. Now what ? lol ...

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Good.

If you scroll down to 1-Core Ratio Limit, you should see a value of 29 there. Change that value to 36 to overclock your CPU to 4.5GHz.

Name:	150404215846.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	48139

Continue scrolling down until you see the CPU Core Voltage. Use 1.3V as a starting point. Press F10 to save and restart.

Name:	150404220000.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	48140

If your system posts successfully and you're able to enter Windows, download ROG Realbench to test for stability. If your system is unable to post or enter Windows or it crashes during the stability test, you have one of two choices. You can either back down on the frequency (using a value lower than 36) or increase the voltage (using increments of 0.01V). Generally you'd want to keep the voltage below 1.35V.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Good.

If you scroll down to 1-Core Ratio Limit, you should see a value of 29 there. Change that value to 36 to overclock your CPU to 4.5GHz.

Name:	150404215846.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	48139

Continue scrolling down until you see the CPU Core Voltage. Use 1.3V as a starting point. Press F10 to save and restart.

Name:	150404220000.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	48140

If your system posts successfully and you're able to enter Windows, download ROG Realbench to test for stability. If your system is unable to post or enter Windows or it crashes during the stability test, you have one of two choices. You can either back down on the frequency (using a value lower than 36) or increase the voltage (using increments of 0.01V). Generally you'd want to keep the voltage below 1.35V.

Ive just did everything as your told me to. Had good post, but twice Blue Screen doing the ROG Realbench. I`m testing for the third time @ 1.32 v-core and lets see how it goes. I`ve been doing 0.01v increase ... just as you told me.

I`m not very good at this, but blue screen wasnt bad memory? maybe the Memory is running low voltage?

Regards,

Atov

ROG Enthusiast Array

Chino, just made my 5th ROG Realbench test and still blue screen... and voltage of the CPU @ 1.34v already ... so DRAM must be or dunno lol

Regards,

Atov
    Last edited by Atovv; 04-05-2015 at 05:20 AM.

Your CPU is below average it seems. There is no need to continue to increase the voltage. Start decreasing your frequency instead. See if you can do 4375MHz (125 x 35) at 1.34V. If you're stable, start lowering your voltage.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Your CPU is below average it seems. There is no need to continue to increase the voltage. Start decreasing your frequency instead. See if you can do 4375MHz (125 x 35) at 1.34V. If you're stable, start lowering your voltage.
    Hey Chino, well just got it stable after 15min of ROG Realbench @ 1.34v (125 x 35) Ill start lowering the Voltage, but one question?

Why I can`t reach the 4.5 GHZ ? Is it a problem with the cpu?
    Last edited by Atovv; 04-05-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Each CPU overclocks differently. Some uses less voltage while others demand more.

I wouldn't say you can't hit 4.5GHz but in order to do so you'd need more than 1.34V. When overclocking your CPU, you'll eventually find a sweet spot for it and you'll notice that the next 100MHz increase requires a lot more voltage. For example, my 5960X uses 1.28V for 4.4GHz but requires 1.47V for 4.5GHz.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey Chino thanks for all your tips. I have 2 questions regarding OC:

1st, I have the entry level cpu the 5820K, and why the 5820K can reach same frequency as yours if its the top end cpu (5860X)? I understand that the 5860X has more pci lanes y 2 more cores. Is it really worth it buying the top end cpu? If it really is, ill buy it lol ! :P

2nd, does every cpu is rated to a max voltage? do you have a chart or webpage to see that max cpu voltage?

I understand that more voltage means more heat, I have an cooler master 280L nepton and of what I read, this water cooling is one of the best for the price, or do you recommend differently ?

1. It's all down to luck. They call it the Silicon Lottery because you basically have no control over the quality of the CPU that you're getting. If you have use for the 5960X, sure. If not, your money is better spent upgrading another component.

2. There is no official safe or maximum voltage specified. But most would agree to keep it up 1.35V. If you want to play it safe, mantain it around 1.3V.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast