Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Since I'm running the 206 bios, we may want to compare bios versions as well and I can try to downgrade my bios version too if necessary. Thanks.
    I have 206.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffafari View Post
    Oh okay sorry then, I have the model with SSD and HDD.

Yeah I thought being still a noise it can relate a bit my bad. Yes something like that, oh well it's good it does not make it too often. I think when booting it up the sound is normal, it's weird that it makes it after sometimes too. Yes the one with Blue-ray as my model was the G751JT with SSD, 16GB of ram and Blue-Ray.
    Hmm I find it interesting that yours makes that noise too yet you have the blu-ray drive and I have the DVD drive. You are the only other person I have heard of besides me that has that noise. Nobody else in my other thread said anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
    I have 206.

Hmm I find it interesting that yours makes that noise too yet you have the blu-ray drive and I have the DVD drive. You are the only other person I have heard of besides me that has that noise. Nobody else in my other thread said anything about it.
    I have 206 BIOS as well.
    Yeah, oh well as long as it does no harm I'l just ignore it. Thought there is a solution for it or that it is the same as the QuietHDD thing.

ROG Member Array

I don't know why we have to have a new, universal thread on this, but anyway, I have the crackling speaker problem, and the crackle that plays before and after a sound. I raised a support ticket with Asus on that issue, the dropped keystroke issue, and booting into a black screen issue. Asus contacted me back and said to take the laptop into a service center. From what I've read, people often get their laptops back worse (roughly opened and re-assembled etc) than when they take them in, so I'm not keen at all.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

I have tried the newer one and I thought it made the issue worse. Has anyone else given it a shot?

I am running the windows install that came with the computer and I just took off the bloatware. Albert you mentioned that you have a fresh install. I wonder if anyone has tried reformatting with a fresh install to see if that randomly fixes it?
    Mousepad, the new 7443 made the sound louder?, longer?, worse in what way?

Also, keep the Asus Windows build, that is what Asus uses to recreate problems - it's their OS, so why would they do a from scratch Microsoft Media install?

It is tough for Asus to recreate a problem reported from a non-Asus Windows install. Keeping everyone at the same image is important when debugging.
    Last edited by hmscott; 03-20-2015 at 11:11 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Mousepad, the new 7443 made the sound louder?, longer?, worse in what way?

Also, keep the Asus Windows build, that is what Asus uses to recreate problems - it's their OS, so why would they do a from scratch Microsoft Media install?

It is tough for Asus to recreate a problem reported from a non-Asus Windows install. Keeping everyone at the same image is important when debugging.
    EDIT - I re-installed 7443 to try the Regedit fix thinking that, hey new driver maybe I can disable power management now. It didn't work. It did give me another chance with the drivers and the crackle is the same. It did crackle while I was in regedit though which was weird. I still think this comes down to the Realtek power management and for whatever reason we can't shut it off. There used to be a box you could uncheck in the software to disable it but it is not there anymore.

I really have zero idea of what you are talking about with the whole Asus Windows build? I was mentioning this because Albert said he had a new windows install so I was curious if others had the Windows that came pre-installed or a new install. I asked this to find a link between us as we seem to share a problem and yet no common link besides owning G751's but others also share that link and the crackling is minimal for them....Why is the crackling only loud for some of us? Why do other notebook manufacturers have this crackling issue but for most people the Regedit PowerMGMT fix works but for us it doesn't?

I will try to contact the repair center where I am at on Monday but unfortunately I am not in the U.S. right now so I will have to see how it goes. Will report back on what they say. Hoping they speak English!
    Last edited by Mousepad; 03-21-2015 at 01:26 AM.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

EDIT - I re-installed 7443 to try the Regedit fix thinking that, hey new driver maybe I can disable power management now. It didn't work. It did give me another chance with the drivers and the crackle is the same. It did crackle while I was in regedit though which was weird. I still think this comes down to the Realtek power management and for whatever reason we can't shut it off. There used to be a box you could uncheck in the software to disable it but it is not there anymore.

I really have zero idea of what you are talking about with the whole Asus Windows build? I was mentioning this because Albert said he had a new windows install so I was curious if others had the Windows that came pre-installed or a new install. I asked this to find a link between us as we seem to share a problem and yet no common link besides owning G751's but others also share that link and the crackling is minimal for them....Why is the crackling only loud for some of us? Why do other notebook manufacturers have this crackling issue but for most people the Regedit PowerMGMT fix works but for us it doesn't?

I will try to contact the repair center where I am at on Monday but unfortunately I am not in the U.S. right now so I will have to see how it goes. Will report back on what they say. Hoping they speak English!
    Mousepad, the Asus Windows Build image is the Windows installed on the Computer when you take it out of the box. It is also the recovery image on the recovery partition. The F9 reset or Asus Backtracker recovery flash drive both install that same original Asus Windows Build image.

What you said suggested that you thought cl-albert had done a From Scratch Microsoft Windows Install, and he did not do that - I wouldn't expect Asus to use any other Windows install than their own.

Albert did an F9 reset to restore a "clean" version of the Asus Windows Build image onto his test laptop - so he could start with a laptop at a known good configuration.

When you said "Albert you mentioned that you have a fresh install. I wonder if anyone has tried reformatting with a fresh install to see if that randomly fixes it? "

I thought you were alluding to trying a From Scratch Microsoft Windows install yourself, and I was trying to get you to stop

A "clean install" of Windows is not a From Scratch Microsoft Windows install, that is a starting from scratch waste of time. You need to do so many things to get that from scratch Windows install to the same point as the Asus Windows Build, I was trying to save you the time of going down that path.

Also, that from scratch install will never be the same as what Asus ships, and therefore won't be re-creatable at Asus to test your problems. It may be close, but it won't be the same.

Given both you and Asus are running the exact same F9 reset "Clean" version of Asus Windows Build image, you can both be assured you are testing on the same base configuration.

Thanks for working with Albert, please keep us updated as to how it goes
    Last edited by hmscott; 03-21-2015 at 02:47 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    cl-albert, thank you for focusing the threads to here

Also, you can try a newer Realtek driver, Version V6.0.1.7443 for Windows 8.1 x64
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...&m=Audio&os=30
    Glad to see everyone together in one thread!

I have ASUS ROG G751JY should I try this drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinha View Post
    I have ASUS ROG G751JY should I try this drivers?
    I wouldn't bother. Apparently our problem is still yet to be fixed. It's also been said the newer drivers actually make the problem worse. I sort of doubt that, but I'm not updating until someone reports a fix.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ReeveJ View Post
    I wouldn't bother. Apparently our problem is still yet to be fixed. It's also been said the newer drivers actually make the problem worse. I sort of doubt that, but I'm not updating until someone reports a fix.
    I'll be the guinea pig installing

update: don't notice any difference the problem remains, I don't find it worst it's the same...
    Last edited by Jarinha; 03-21-2015 at 05:04 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Akik82 PC Specs
    Akik82 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY-T7052H
    MotherboardHM87
    Processori7-4710HQ
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
    Storage #1SSD M.2 PCIE 256GB
    Storage #21 TB 7200 rpm
    Power SupplyDelta 230W
    Mouse Steelseries Diablo III
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Diablo III
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Asus ROG Backpack

Hi there. I don't know of I'm in the right place for that but I have a sound issue. Just before playing .mp3 or .avi for example, I can hear a little sound like the audio card is going out sleep mode or something like that. The 2nd issue is that sometimes I can hear the popping Windows sound spam.
    My question is : I saw a post from hmscott I think explaining that it can be solve by putting these values in pwrmngt regedit "65536, 1, 1, 0".
    Am I correct with that ?
    NB: driver version is .7443 (latest actually)
    Last edited by Akik82; 03-22-2015 at 10:24 AM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast