Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I fixed my crackling issue first by activating the microphone permanently and muting it, and then a couple days later by installing the newest Realtek drivers and doing the registry edit for power management. All good now.

Pisses me off that Asus hasn't responded to this yet..

Still NOT Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by ambientFLIER View Post
    I fixed my crackling issue first by activating the microphone permanently and muting it, and then a couple days later by installing the newest Realtek drivers and doing the registry edit for power management. All good now.

Pisses me off that Asus hasn't responded to this yet..

This is still NOT Fixed...NOT REALLY! Again, these...adjustments...you might say merely hide the fact the issue is there...and do not really correct the problem but merely put a Band-Aid on it.

Also, if you listen really closely...and pay attention...it may need to be absolutely quiet for you to hear...but you will still hear distortion/popping...etc...

Also, many of us are having the issue of the left side speaker being slightly louder than the right.

So, in summing it all up...there really is as of yet no permanent fix...only setting adjustments and minor corrections to simply smother or mute the issues.

Sorry : (
    Last edited by Doctor Who; 01-22-2016 at 08:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

Maybe I just can't hear it, but I don't hear any crackling or anything at all for that matter, when my audio cable is plugged in. The built-in speakers work, and that's being generous - the audio is terrible and pretty much unlistenable. Par for the course with a laptop, though.

You know, I'd like to see a manufacturer skip the speakers entirely - more room for battery/cooling without them, and they're universally terrible. I haven't heard a single laptop with a listenable speaker, ever.

New ROGer Array

I have just received a nice new G752VY but guess what it has the same annoying audio popping that we have with the G751. Nice to see Asus bothered to try and fix the problem for the new models..... :-(

Just spoke to Asus who are not aware of any issues with audio popping or crackling on either G751 or G752... I think it's time to look at a different brand as Asus are a joke tbh.....
    Last edited by moogleys; 02-02-2016 at 07:42 PM.

New ROGer Array

Noticed the same phenomenon with two G751JT's Could not get it to disappear by using drivers and the "regedit fix".

Anyone had luck with some other methods? You think this affects all G751 models, just that people are not as "picky" as us?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by peter.delmeby View Post
    Noticed the same phenomenon with two G751JT's Could not get it to disappear by using drivers and the "regedit fix".

Anyone had luck with some other methods? You think this affects all G751 models, just that people are not as "picky" as us?
    It's very possible other people are not hearing it or they think it is a normal sound. For me with the newer drivers and regedit it only crackles on the first sound played upon getting into windows now. It also crackles weirdly enough when the volume has been set at the same level for a while and I move it. It makes an ugly crackle then. Looks like Asus doesn't care.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by peter.delmeby View Post

Here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ll)-WORKAROUND
    Use OPTION2

P.S. Remeber to uninstall it before reinstalling any Realtek driver in the future...
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 02-25-2016 at 09:15 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I recently installed Windows 10 and the driver it comes with for my G751JT is 7543 and it is horrible. Listening to people talk on youtube at volume level 40 has so much shrieking, distortion, etc. I found 7701 on the G751JL page and it works really well. http://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-...Desk_Download/

I also did the regedit trick and put maxxaudio on "action" and the sound is much, much better. Just FYI if anyone has the same issue with windows 10.

ROG Enthusiast Array JHR1979 PC Specs
    JHR1979 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G752VY
    MotherboardROG Zenith Extreme
    ProcessorThreadripper 1950x
    Memory (part number)4x8GB g.skill Flare X 3200/cl14
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Sound CardSoundblaster Audigy RX
    MonitorAsus PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 250GB
    Storage #2Samsung Pro 850 250GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S - TR4
    CaseCoolerMaster Cosmos II Ultra tower
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i
    Keyboard Roccat MK Pro
    Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
    OS W10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Orbi

Quote Originally Posted by moogleys View Post
    I have just received a nice new G752VY but guess what it has the same annoying audio popping that we have with the G751. Nice to see Asus bothered to try and fix the problem for the new models..... :-(

Just spoke to Asus who are not aware of any issues with audio popping or crackling on either G751 or G752... I think it's time to look at a different brand as Asus are a joke tbh.....

I have a G752VY too, and was able to fix the popping by disabling the power management with registry editor. Using realtek driver 6.0.1.7687, btw.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64 \PowerMgnt. Changed "only battery" from 0 to 1. No more popping.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1979 View Post
    I have a G752VY too, and was able to fix the popping by disabling the power management with registry editor. Using realtek driver 6.0.1.7687, btw.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64 \PowerMgnt. Changed "only battery" from 0 to 1. No more popping.
    Nice, I think it worked ! G751JT Windows 8.1 x64

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast