Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Akik82 View Post
    Hi there. I don't know of I'm in the right place for that but I have a sound issue. Just before playing .mp3 or .avi for example, I can hear a little sound like the audio card is going out sleep mode or something like that. The 2nd issue is that sometimes I can hear the popping Windows sound spam.
    My question is : I saw a post from hmscott I think explaining that it can be solve by putting these values in pwrmngt regedit "65536, 1, 1, 0".
    Am I correct with that ?
    NB: driver version is .7443 (latest actually)
    Yes, your first problem is very likely the one described here. The second seems like an issue with Windows.

Navigate in Regedit to 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio \RtkNGUI64\PowerMgnt,' right-click 'Enabled,' click 'Modify...' then replace the value '1' with '0' and restart your computer. Better yet, hold down the power button until the system shuts down and keep holding the button until the battery light (below the touchpad) flickers off then on again. This will reset your computer's CPU cycle. Boot up the system again and your problem may be solved. Note however this fix has seemed to work mostly for people with other computer models and not for those of us posting in this thread (including myself).
    Last edited by ReeveJ; 03-22-2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.

ROG Enthusiast Array Akik82 PC Specs
    Akik82 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY-T7052H
    MotherboardHM87
    Processori7-4710HQ
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
    Storage #1SSD M.2 PCIE 256GB
    Storage #21 TB 7200 rpm
    Power SupplyDelta 230W
    Mouse Steelseries Diablo III
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Diablo III
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Asus ROG Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by ReeveJ View Post
    Yes, your first problem is very likely the one described here. The second seems like an issue with Windows.

Navigate in Regedit to 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio \RtkNGUI64\PowerMgnt,' right-click 'Enabled,' click 'Modify...' then replace the value '1' with '0' and restart your computer. Better yet, hold down the power button until the system shuts down and keep holding the button until the battery light (below the touchpad) flickers off then on again. This will reset your computer's CPU cycle. Boot up the system again and your problem may be solved. Note however this fix has seemed to work mostly for people with other computer models and not for those of us posting in this thread (including myself).
    I tried to put Enabled to 0 but the sound is still here. I did a hard shutdown with power button like you said. I have a G751JY. Is that normal that it didn't help ?
    Actually I got these values :

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Actually guys, the setting of 1 is correct. It is an Enable to Disable Realtek power management while on AC, and it has defaulted to the desired setting for a long time.

Setting it to 0 reverses this, and turns on Power Management while plugged in... so I would restore the original default setting back to 1.

The symptom when it was defaulting to 0, allowing Power Management on for AC and Battery, was that after sound stopped - about 30 seconds later there would be a pop as power saving kicked in and then random crackling noises as the amp was "turned off" and no longer under positive control.

What you guys are hearing, a noise at the open and close of the audio access for apps isn't related.
    Last edited by hmscott; 03-22-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Akik82 PC Specs
    MotherboardHM87
    Processori7-4710HQ
    Storage #21 TB 7200 rpm
    Power SupplyDelta 230W
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Actually guys, the setting of 1 is correct. It is an Enable to Disable Realtek power management while on AC, and it has defaulted to the desired setting for a long time.

Setting it to 0 reverses this, and turns on Power Management while plugged in... so I would restore the original default setting back to 1.

The symptom when it was defaulting to 0, allowing Power Management on for AC and Battery, was that after sound stopped - about 30 seconds later there would be a pop as power saving kicked in and then random crackling noises as the amp was "turned off" and no longer under positive control.

What you guys are hearing, a noise at the open and close of the audio access for apps isn't related.
    hmscott, thanks for explanation. Do you still recommend to set values on 65536,1,1,0 in regedit like you did in an other thread ?

Additional question : Is it OK to set ROG AudioWizard to OFF or I should completely uninstall it ? Actual driver is .7443.
    Last edited by Akik82; 03-23-2015 at 07:03 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Akik82 View Post
    Additional question : Is it OK to set ROG AudioWizard to OFF or I should completely uninstall it ? Actual driver is .7443.
    I keep audiowizard on with the multimedia setting as well as maxxvolume/leveler as I think that sounds better but YMMV.

I called Asus and the guy said they are not aware of this problem and to RMA. 10-15 business day turnaround on that here it seems. I think I was talking to a customer service rep and so it is the same response as we got when filing technical inquiries that don't seem to reach the right people so that our issue can be seen. I'm not too keen on RMA'ing for what seems to be a driver issue. Most of us with this issue only seem to have this one issue. Was there anyone else who has other issues along with this one that is sending theirs and that way they can figure it out off of that machine that needs to go anyway?
    When I tried to escalate to an engineer or supervisor through the technical inquiry a few days ago this was their response: After consulting related department in TW, up till now, they still have no schedule for next update but we will transfer customers' wishes to them for further development.

I'm going to see what Albert has to say and if he has anything on his end.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Everytime there is a sound I have a small buzz and when the sound stops it finish with small buzz too. it's like bzz taa , bzz ta

it happened with the 7432 and it happens with the new driver too 7443. with the older version I had the registry in the regedit, but with 7433 I can't find it.
    Last edited by x7007; 03-23-2015 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    Everytime there is a sound I have a small buzz and when the sound stops it finish with small buzz too. it's like bzz taa , bzz ta

it happened with the 7432 and it happens with the new driver too 7443. with the older version I had the registry in the regedit, but with 7433 I can't find it.
    Does it sound like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ6e...ature=youtu.be .... if so then welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I did say the Regedit fix probably wouldn't work, but thought that I'd post it anyway. You never know if someone is dealing with a different yet related problem. After all, it's taken us at least three months now to have this audio crackle recognised as an independent issue.

I've submitted a few requests for a fix to Asus but they've only ever told me to RMA. There's no point in sending it back for a software issue and it might even be returned to you in a worse condition than you sent it...

Akik82 PC Specs
    MotherboardHM87
    Processori7-4710HQ
    Storage #21 TB 7200 rpm
    Power SupplyDelta 230W
    OS Windows 10 x64

Hi guys ! My problem seems to be the same as Mousepad's problem. I've put back registry to 10,1,0,0 (default settings for me).
    I would like to ask you if this solution could solve our problem ? I can't check it by myself at the moment. Thanks for feedback.

http://corey.degrandchamp.com/2010/1...king-skipping/

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast