Storage #1SSD M.2 PCIE 256GB
    Storage #21 TB 7200 rpm
    Power SupplyDelta 230W
    Mouse Steelseries Diablo III
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Diablo III
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Asus ROG Backpack

One silly question guys : when you apply something to your registry, which kind of reboot or shutdown do you do ? Maybe I didn't use the good way and the crackling is still there because it doesn't apply the registry's changes ?
    Actually I'm running with :
    DelayTime : 10
    Enabled : 1
    OnlyBattery : 1
    PowerState : 0

Quote Originally Posted by Akik82 View Post
    One silly question guys : when you apply something to your registry, which kind of reboot or shutdown do you do ? Maybe I didn't use the good way and the crackling is still there because it doesn't apply the registry's changes?
    It shouldn't matter because that registry fix won't do anything to help our problem. This being said, there are three methods which you can use with default system settings. Simply restart Windows normally; press 'shift,' click restart and navigate to 'System Shutdown' in the Troubleshooting menu; or hold down the power button until the computer turns off and keep holding it down until the battery light under your touch pad flickers off, then on again. Any one of these methods should restart the CPU cycle.
    Last edited by ReeveJ; 03-29-2015 at 09:28 PM. Reason: clarity.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

It's been about a week since I sent an e-mail to the repair shop close to me and no response. I don't know if they don't speak English or if they just don't reply to e-mails if you don't have an RMA order. Is there anyone that could get in contact with a certified Asus repair shop around them so that they can show them this problem without a full RMA? From what Albert told me this would be our best approach as I guess the problem can be hard to catch given it doesn't happen on all computers.

Anyone from Asus on these forums care to comment on our issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array Akik82 PC Specs
    Akik82 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY-T7052H
    MotherboardHM87
    Processori7-4710HQ
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
    Storage #1SSD M.2 PCIE 256GB
    Storage #21 TB 7200 rpm
    Power SupplyDelta 230W
    Mouse Steelseries Diablo III
    Headset Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Diablo III
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Asus ROG Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by ReeveJ View Post
    It shouldn't matter because that registry fix won't do anything to help our problem. This being said, there are three methods which you can use with default system settings. Simply restart Windows normally; press 'shift,' click restart and navigate to 'System Shutdown' in the Troubleshooting menu; or hold down the power button until the computer turns off and keep holding it down until the battery light under your touch pad flickers off, then on again. Any one of these methods should restart the CPU cycle.
    Ah, thanks for this info mate !

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
    It's been about a week since I sent an e-mail to the repair shop close to me and no response. I don't know if they don't speak English or if they just don't reply to e-mails if you don't have an RMA order. Is there anyone that could get in contact with a certified Asus repair shop around them so that they can show them this problem without a full RMA? From what Albert told me this would be our best approach as I guess the problem can be hard to catch given it doesn't happen on all computers.

Anyone from Asus on these forums care to comment on our issue?
    I wrote an e-mail to Asus FRANCE Support last week and after 2 days they replied with 2 "solutions".
    1) If you hear a windows sound while navigate with Chrome, use an other web browser (lol ?)
    2) Reinstall your PC with the Asus master.

Quote Originally Posted by Akik82 View Post
    I wrote an e-mail to Asus FRANCE Support last week and after 2 days they replied with 2 "solutions".
    1) If you hear a windows sound while navigate with Chrome, use an other web browser (lol ?)
    2) Reinstall your PC with the Asus master.
    LOL 1. Do you even use Chrome? I don't. 2. I've reformatted using Asus Backtracker already to the original image and it didn't fix the issue.
    Did you link them to this thread?

At this point this is just really terrible customer service from Asus. Collectively we have voiced about this issue either in multiple forum threads or multiple technical inquiries and we still have no official comment of just saying they recognize our issue..
    Last edited by Mousepad; 03-30-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Has anybody tried calling customer support? You know... with a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by ReeveJ View Post
    Has anybody tried calling customer support? You know... with a phone?
    Yes, a long time ago and they directed me to the technical inquiry forms after they wasted my time listening to me only to tell me they weren't qualified to do anything.

I also, before e-mailing the certified repair shop around me, called support for this specific country only to get the guy to tell me to fill out the RMA form. So both times really did nothing but provide general support
    Last edited by Mousepad; 03-31-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Bump.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Still no news from ASUS? 2k € customers just left without answer for months now, great support.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

This fix works, stop complaining about it. It is very logical why it works. The speaker goes to "sleep" in a short time when it's not used using the default values, if you bump the timer to like 9999 it won't cause the speaker to make the weird popping-ish noise that is usually caused when speakers are powered on (for any speaker)

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast