Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Monitor, keyboard, and mouse

Eyejon
Level 8
System:

Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Super Tower Computer Case
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC)
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 memory kit for DDR4 Systems
ASUS Graphics Cards STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
WD Black 4TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5-inch, SATA 6 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache WD4003FZEX
Corsair Air Series AF140 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan
Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan
NZXT Technologies Sentry 3 5.4-Inch Touch Screen Fan Controller Cooling
CORSAIR AX1500I 80+TTNM FM ATX
Dell standard keyboard
Logitech G9 mouse
HP Pavilion f1903 monitor

- The power switch doesn't turn on the computer. I have to use start button on motherboard.
- No lights on keyboard and mouse. Monitor stays offline
- Q Code = 00; It never changes from 00
- No beeping

I reseated memory; I reseated graphics card (in different slot)
19 REPLIES 19

drop4205
Level 12
I had a bad power switch in my 450D case. If its not to old corsair will send you a new one. Are you sure the case power and led connectors are on it the correct orientation? Have you tried bios 2 for the hell of it?
If bios 2 still same issue then go back to 1 and press Cmos and power up with one stick of ram in A1see if it starts. Is the keyboard and mouse in the correct spots. There are others on here that will help. Put GPU in the top slot x16#1
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

I had a bad power switch in my 450D case. If its not to old corsair will send you a new one.
All parts were ordered 13 Mar 15.
Are you sure the case power and led connectors are on it the correct orientation?
I have tried several different orientations
Have you tried bios 2 for the hell of it?
No, I will have to read up on it.
If bios 2 still same issue then go back to 1 and press Cmos and power up with one stick of ram in A1see if it starts.
I will try this.
Is the keyboard and mouse in the correct spots.
I have them on the back, plugged in to USB 3 slots.
There are others on here that will help.
Ok
Put GPU in the top slot x16#1
I will try this

Attached photo of case pwr and led connectors

Korth
Level 14
I had dead power+reset switches (and power+HDD LEDs) on my Corsair Obsidian 750D, as well, out of the box. Fortunately this didn't waste a lot of time since I'd seen a number of user reviews complaining about the same issue. But if I had not already intended to mod the case this would have been the deal breaker. The chassis has beautiful looks and top-tier quality, but too many tradeoffs, too many compromises. I've de-branded the case and (after also having a Corsair PSU and some Corsair fans fail) I refuse to ever buy Corsair's overpriced junk again.

Anyhow - confirm your power+reset switches work, lol, it's a stupid problem but seemingly also a stupidly common one.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Anyhow - confirm your power+reset switches work, lol, it's a stupid problem but seemingly also a stupidly common one.
How do I confim power =reset switches work? Sorry, long couple of days. Brain is mush!

Eyejon
Level 8
I just noticed the BIOS 1 LED is amber. When I switched to BIOS 2 it is amber. Not change with BIOS set to 1 or 2.

Ok... I removed all the hardware from the case and reconnected everything non-case related.
The mouse, keyboard and monitor still don't come online. No lights, nothing.

I tried everything drop4205 suggested.

I noticed the light green light on the disc drive.

The BIOS 1 LED is amber.

drop4205
Level 12
use the adapter that connects all the case connectors to the motherboard. All the lettering on the connectors will be facing up towards the top of the motherboard in the top and lower row. Cant tell by the pic you have which way they are orientated.Try reseating the cpu and check for bent pins on the socket
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Eyejon
Level 8
"use the adapter that connects all the case connectors to the motherboard"

I am not sure what you mean by 'adapter'. Would it have been in the mobo box or the case box? Thanks for helping drop4205.

Chino
Level 15
Remove your motherboard from the case. Disconnect all the cables and remove the CPU, RAM and GPU as well. Inspect the CPU socket carefully for any bent or missing pins. Report back once you've finished doing so.