Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hi all

I tried Genolark's suggestion and since his post. I have been using and testing my system and since removing GameFirst I haven't had a crash.

So it looks like it is this software. Oh Asus please fix this for us.

Thanks for the help Genolark.

New ROGer Array

I've had this issue too. Will try removing the software. I wonder if this is linked to WIFI connecting very slowly at boot? If so, removing it might fix two issues at once.
    Last edited by tripleox; 04-04-2015 at 10:16 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hello,
    I have the same issue 2 time in a week, my Rog has 10 days of live, I try to disable the GamerFirst service in msconfig. I hope this can "fix" for now. I also disable Nvidia network Service because I don't find Nvidia Network Access Manager in program for uninstalling like suggested in previously comments, I think it work at the same way.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 04-12-2015 at 01:38 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hello everyone,
    Same issue here. For me it often happens when unlocking my computer after some period of inactivity.
    I have tried the "verifier" utility from MS and it would BSOD when trying to run EZ update ... I don't know if this is linked though.
    Kind of disappointing to run into this with a brand new machine.
    I would really hope that ASUS will look into this and provide a fix for their software.

New ROGer Array

Hey everyone. Sorry for the major delay in responding. I wanted to report that after all this time after removing the Gamer First program from my ASUS it has not had a single error and is running very beautifully. I do hope that everyone else has found this useful. I agree that ASUS may not fix it but hey ya never know. Oh well. It seemed like the program "could" have been useful but I never had the chance to really play with it. By the time I got the error I had only owned my laptop for a couple weeks. Now it has been over an month and havent had any problems. Thanks guys.

ROG Junior Member Array

I've had a ROG G20AJ for about a month now and had no problems at all. I noticed yesterday that the PC must have restarted at some point as it was sat on the log-in screen. It just happened to me today while using the PC too. Looked in Event Viewer and noticed it has crashed 6 times in the past 3 days. Googling the crash and netio.sys brought me here.

I've now disabled the ROG Game First III service and removed it from my system (notice it was called ROG Game First on my PC, not ASUS Game First.. at first I didn't see it in the program list.

I've only just realised how much other stuff was installed by default too and I thought I'd removed a lot of the junk already too! Going to have a bit more of a cleanup now and hope removing that software has fixed this annoying crash.

New ROGer Array

my pc restart with error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Netio.SYS).how I fix It? please help me.

New ROGer Array

hello,
    im having a similar issue with my asus laptop, only in services.msc i can't find the rog gamers first, and its not installed on my computer. games have also recently been CTD, including Skyrim, Farcry 4, and the Sims 3, with no reasons as to why or crash logs.
    any advice will be appreciated.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by wis66 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Same issue here. For me it often happens when unlocking my computer after some period of inactivity.
    Hi all,

I got this message from time to time, usually when the pc is waking up from sleep... Inactivity seems to be the trigger at least for some of us. I'll try DE installing game first as well to see if things get better, but the netio name seems to point to a network-related problem, perhaps a kind of power-saving mode of the network card failing to wake up correctly ?
    Any input from a ROG crew ?

New ROGer Array

I currently having this problem. anyone can tech me how to solve it cause it happen more frequently. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast