cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme BIOS Problem!

ssssilent
Level 7
I was messing around with RAM settings on BIOS2(version 4901) and after after I changed Ram frequency my bios 2 could not boot anymore.
It just kept restarting after about a minute of me looking at the black screen.
Then I switched to BIOS1 which is version 2.7, and i was able to boot into win 8.1, but now when I try to flashback bios from USB, ROG button just blinks 3-4 times and nothing happens.
USB is FAT32 formatted, file renamed to R4E.CAP, what am I doing wrong? How can I recover BIOS2 and update BIOS1? :confused:
4 REPLIES 4

drop4205
Level 12
I had issue like that where it blinked 3 times and nothing. I just powered down unplugged psu pulled battery for a bit to drain board power. Put back together powered on psu , hit cmos then the rog connect worked for my flash back .
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
I had issue like that where it blinked 3 times and nothing. I just powered down unplugged psu pulled battery for a bit to drain board power. Put back together powered on psu , hit cmos then the rog connect worked for my flash back .

Tried removing the battery. Still not working. Now I've just remembered that I turned off pc about one minute after trying to flashback bios for a last time, so there might be a possibility that i bricked BIOS2? The red Dram_LED is on, and there is 25 error code.

48orbust
Level 7
Instead of using flashback, you can just flash BIOS1 on top of BIOS2, have you tried that yet? Actually, you have several options for flashing the BIOS, why not try those in case flashback is the culprit?

I managed to fix it with ERALL.ROM USB bios flashback, and then I updated it to latest .CAP bios using EZ Flash, but still I can't seem to get my RAM(KHX1866C9D3) to work at 1866MHz even if