cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GeForce GTX Titan X

Korth
Level 14
NVidia announced/released their new flagship Titan X cards just days ago. Amazing specs for a single-GPU card.

NVidia is currently selling these cards (in limited quantity) through their own site. Various news/review sites have compiled lists of NVidia partners authorized to manufacture reference Titan X cards - but apparently the caveat is that these can be released only after NVidia finishes selling out their introductory run.

NCIX already lists an Asus Titan X card (out of stock, as usual). Has Asus already rolled these cards out? (And, if so, where else to buy them without going through overpriced NCIX?)
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]
9 REPLIES 9

Menthol
Level 14
I suspect the ASUS cards will be available soon at all retailers that would normally sell them. Nvidia ia also not allowing manufactures to produce custom boards so all cards should be equal

Korth
Level 14
I've always preferred the look of those enclosed NVTTM TITAN-style coolers. And I really, really love the subtle styling and all-black finish on this one. I want! So much better than stuffing a pile of overpriced fans onto a flimsy plastic frame to justify a puny +50MHz overclock. NV reference wins here, in my opinion.

But NV reference is always weak on the VRM, I guess it's meant to serve as a baseline and keep costs down. I see 6 VRM phases on the Titan X pics - servicing the phat mega-Maxwell and a dozen memory chips on a 250W-rated (but 300W-capable) card. I expect complaints about weak overclocks and coil whining galore. NV reference loses here, in my opinion. Why disallow partners from improving your sales?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

X-ROG
Level 15
We rolled them out already and, yes, every partner produces identical Titan cards because Nvidia wants its own brand to have the 'fastest card', not a partner. If you disagree and prefer we made better custom cards and coolers, please push them on GeForce forums! 😉 The more noise you make the better.

Thum8er
Level 7
Hey Marshall

I have a quick question regarding the availability of the titan x. I ordered two cards from my local retailer here in switzerland. And just got one card (a partial delivery), the retailer also took the "ASUS Titan X" out of its sortiment. After asking them why they did that ? They stated that they did not now when the next batch of titans will be delivered.

Any news on that ? So that I can prep my cooling for the additional card ? As I stated im from switzerland, just wondering if the demand is exceeding the quantity fabricated ?

Thanks for any answer.

Regards Thum8er

Thum8er wrote:
Hey Marshall

I have a quick question regarding the availability of the titan x. I ordered two cards from my local retailer here in switzerland. And just got one card (a partial delivery), the retailer also took the "ASUS Titan X" out of its sortiment. After asking them why they did that ? They stated that they did not now when the next batch of titans will be delivered.

Any news on that ? So that I can prep my cooling for the additional card ? As I stated im from switzerland, just wondering if the demand is exceeding the quantity fabricated ?

Thanks for any answer.

Regards Thum8er

It's like last September when people had to wait for the X99 motherboards to be available. I pre-ordered the RVE and it's a few weeks before finally got my hands on it. Being in the UK, the websites I go to all have pre-order for the Titan X cards and already passed over the ETA date.

Thum8er wrote:
Hey Marshall

Thanks for any answer.

Regards Thum8er

Nvidia provide the entire card, so if we're suffering everyone will be sorry.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Nvidia provide the entire card, so if we're suffering everyone will be sorry.

Hey Marhall

Thank you for answering my question. So the answer is "yes" ? ^^

Any ETA or idea when nvidia can start providing the cards again, or is it a far shot to guess at this point ?
I mean are we talking days , weeks or even months ?

Thanks again

Regards Thum8er

Korth
Level 14
My supplier tells me that Titan X cards - from any manufacturer - are basically an understocked niche item which is backordered now and possibly forever. It seems they only make exactly enough of these cards to match sales. Maybe too many people are holding out for the anticipated "980Ti". Maybe these "Big Maxwell" GM200 chips (especially the faster ones) are being hoarded - I suspect that NVidia partners know a lot about NVidia's plans that they can't reveal prior to NVidia's scheduled announcements, and they're probably accumulating as many parts as they can to meet demand.

Now that I've been able to distance myself from infatuation with the Titan X, I see that it's more of an awkward middle child than a legendary release. It is utterly spectacular compared to a 980, but it's overpriced and inefficient and slow enough to invite other new product into the premier spotlight. I do still really love that all-black NVTTM cooler, though.

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
My supplier tells me that Titan X cards - from any manufacturer - are basically an understocked niche item which is backordered now and possibly forever. It seems they only make exactly enough of these cards to match sales. Maybe too many people are holding out for the anticipated "980Ti". Maybe these "Big Maxwell" GM200 chips (especially the faster ones) are being hoarded - I suspect that NVidia partners know a lot about NVidia's plans that they can't reveal prior to NVidia's scheduled announcements, and they're probably accumulating as many parts as they can to meet demand.

Now that I've been able to distance myself from infatuation with the Titan X, I see that it's more of an awkward middle child than a legendary release. It is utterly spectacular compared to a 980, but it's overpriced and inefficient and slow enough to invite other new product into the premier spotlight. I do still really love that all-black NVTTM cooler, though.

Hey Korth thanks for your answer. Soooo what your basicly telling me , is that it will take a while for them to process all of the orders.
Still would be nice to hear from ASUS , regarding a vague ETA.

Now on to your second half of the post, I have to disagree to a certain degree. I was a proud TITAN owner for 2 1/2 years and it hasnt let me down up to now. Sure its a niche product as seen by the price. But its not as inefficient as you make it out to be. If you have the necessary know how you put those puppies under water and slap a new bios on to it and your good to go for another 2-3 years. We havent heard anything about the 980Ti and the 390x. AMD is going to start selling its 390's earliest mid of june or start of july as they are going to showcase the cards in june at "Computex". As for the 980Ti , if the 780Ti is anything to go by then I would say , yes its going to compete with the titan. But it will not be superior.

Its just a choice of how much money you want to spend on a rig , I suppose.