cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT Max Refresh Rate (60-100hz)?

Death12312
Level 7
Hi,

I had 75 hz until the most recent nvidia patch and now it is 60... I notice when setting custom refresh rates that 100 hz is supported without glitches. What is considered safe in terms of refresh rate? I assume 75 is okay since that is what it was until the most recent drivers.
9 REPLIES 9

HulkSmash
Level 8
Death12312 wrote:
Hi,

I had 75 hz until the most recent nvidia patch and now it is 60... I notice when setting custom refresh rates that 100 hz is supported without glitches. What is considered safe in terms of refresh rate? I assume 75 is okay since that is what it was until the most recent drivers.

Hi, the original intended refresh rate for the JT's monitor should be 60Hz. However you can create a custom refresh rate and go higher. I've had mine at 75Hz ever since I bought it and never experienced any issues after 4 months. People say it can damage your screen, but I find it very hard to happen (this doesn't mean it won't, but it should be hard for it to happen).

Death12312
Level 7
Yeah, I'm able to go to 100 hz, but I think I might just stick at 75 hz for now. Does anyone know if 100 hz is safe as well?

joshindaphils
Level 11
No ill effects and been running at 100Hz since Nov.

SrPhantom
Level 7
Been running 100Hz since I got it and no issues what so ever, I only had issues when enabling Gsync where the screen would turn off for a split second when the frames went below 30Fps.
Asus G751JY - i7 4860 - 32GB Ram
Modded with 3 HDD - 512 M2-SSD + 500GB Samsung EVO840 + 1TB 7200RPM
Screen set to 100Hz

Docking with Samsung 28" 4K Monitor + Logitech K290 + Logitech MX Perfomance + Coolermaster U3 Laptop Cooler.

Travelling with Alienware Vindicator backpack

diogogmaio
Level 7
Is the 75hz more darker and a little little with blur to you guys? I'm feeling that in game. I use the latest asus nvidia driver from asus support

bluebubblea
Level 7
I've been running at 90Hz without issues. The max refresh rate is 103Hz, I tested it.

diogogmaio
Level 7
and it's darker and blurrier than 60hz? do you use the latest nvidia or asus driver? can u show me?

bahiista
Level 7
running @ 75 but what's the difference between 75 and 100?
thanks

diogogmaio
Level 7
again...do you have the monitor a bit darker and blurrier compared to a external monitor? thanks