cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Startup screen with Windows 8.1 (from SSD)

Zeox
Level 7
Hi,

I have a G75VW Intel i7 3630QM 3rd gen, 16GB RAM, GTX 670M 3GB, with a SSD 120GB and HDD 750GB. Will share more info if needed.
Now to my question, my startup screen is a bit different then the normal one (I guess).
The ROG logo appears at the most bottom of the screen with the loading icon in the middle of it when I start the laptop.
Do you got any clue why it looks like that?
The normal startup screen I guess looks like the picture I posted with the ROG icon in the center of the screen together with the Intel logo
at the right bottom.
I also have the current BIOS version, 223.
Could I change it or should I leave it as it is?
Thanks in advance,
-Zeox
24 REPLIES 24

Nahrga
Level 10
So the "post" screen looks normal and the Windows loading screen is the one you describe as the problem?

When I power on my G55VW laptop I'll se the same ROG logo. However, it will change to the normal blue Windows logo when Windows starts loading.
Maybe there is somewhere in BIOS or your system where you can deactivate the ROG logo so the normal Windows logo will appear instead?

EDIT: Maybe there is a way to "fix" that startup screen if you really want it. I'm just not sure how to do that 😕

Its not really a problem, I'm just wondering if that is normal. The picture with the white rectangle inside the ROG logo is how my startup screen looks like when
I power on my laptop. My friend got exactly the same laptop (maybe a different SSD) but his startup screen comes with the Intel logo at the right bottom.

Zeox wrote:
The picture with the white rectangle inside the ROG logo is how my startup screen looks like when
I power on my laptop.

I've never heard of that problem before, so I'm not sure if it's normal.

You could try to change the startup screen to the animated one, reboot and then change it back to static. Maybe that'll fix it.
And I know it sounds a bit silly, but have you tried to disconnect both power adapter and battery for a few seconds and then turn it on again?

Startup screen can be changed somewhere in BIOS I believe.

How do change the startup screen? Is it via Asus MyLogo or?
What do you mean with changing it back to static? I would like to change it back to default if its possible?

I have tried to disconnect both power adapter and the battery then restart it, but the same startup screen appears.
EDIT: Just found a video on YT about Asus Mylogo, would this maybe do the trick?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWnFVvv_dzM

Zeox wrote:
How do change the startup screen? Is it via Asus MyLogo or?
EDIT: Just found a video on YT about Asus Mylogo, would this maybe do the trick?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWnFVvv_dzM

I'm not sure how safe it is to use Asus MyLogo as it reflashes BIOS, so I would advice you not to use it.

You can change startup screen somewhere in BIOS (Press F2 when ROG logo appears on startup).

Do you maybe know where in BIOS I do those changes, last time I looked I couldnt find it.
(Working to late time today, so got no opportunity to look now.)
Any guide is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
-Zeox

Zeox wrote:
Do you maybe know where in BIOS I do those changes. Any guide is appreciated.

I just checked my own BIOS since my G55VW BIOS should be almost identical to the G75VW BIOS.
Under the "Advanced" tab there is an option called "POST Logo Type" which should be set to static. However, you could try and change it to animated, then reboot and change it back to static again and see if it changed anything.
Another setting you could try is under the "Boot" tab and then "Boot Settings Configuration". Under this tab there should be something called "Full Screen Logo" which should be set to "Enabled".
Hope this helps 🙂

I hope so, because those settings are exactly the thing I was looking for and hopefully the reason for my strange Post Screen. I will post however my BIOS got those settings or not later tonight. Lets hope that they are there! 🙂
-Zeox

Just had a look on the BIOS 223 changelog to see if the UI got any changes. But I couldnt find any. I really hope those settings remains.
Anyone that got BIOS v.223 who can confirm that those settings (on page 1) for Post-screen changes remains?