Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by arrtaas View Post
    Yep the sounds sucks, i unplugged the sub because it was causing more vibration then actual low bass.
    It's still not that bad to me. We have some Laptop at home and this is the one we are using for watching a movie or an episode in the bed. The sound is louder and better define than the average Laptop. The screen is the best I've seen so far as well.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I know this is alot to ask, so forgive me if I am asking for too much here, but would is be possible for you to make some sort of instructional video on how to take the laptop apart just like you did in the OP?

They've made it such a pain in the ass to clean the fans, so it would be nice to have a guide to do this safely.
    G751JY-DH71
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia GTX 980M 4Gig
    Intell® Core™ i7 4710HQ CPU
    24GB RAM

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by JerJer123 View Post
    I know this is alot to ask, so forgive me if I am asking for too much here, but would is be possible for you to make some sort of instructional video on how to take the laptop apart just like you did in the OP?

They've made it such a pain in the ass to clean the fans, so it would be nice to have a guide to do this safely.
    Sorry man, no can do on my end, These pics were taken during a warranty service, I wouldn't want to jeopardize my warranty not to mention that sounds like a ton of work hehe. Perhaps some other kind soul can do a tear down video.

I am working on cleaning up an English translation from a good guide supertoad did, it will probably be done a bit later though as I didn't have the time this weekend I thought I would to edit it.
    Last edited by joshindaphils; 06-03-2015 at 09:46 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by joshindaphils View Post
    Sorry man, no can do on my end, These pics were taken during a warranty service, I wouldn't want to jeopardise my warranty not to mention that sounds like a ton of work hehe. Perhaps some other kind sole can do a tear down video.

I am working on cleaning up an English translation from a good guide supertoad did, it will probably be done a bit later though as I didn't have the time this weekend I thought I would to edit it.
    No worries. Thanks for the response
    G751JY-DH71
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia GTX 980M 4Gig
    Intell® Core™ i7 4710HQ CPU
    24GB RAM

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the tip, between your post and this one http://portables4gamers.com/forum/to...ment-son-g751/
    i was able to pull it down. I have been pulling these down since Gen1 and they aren't that much different except for the battery. I found a screw in the system that was
    just laying around above the hole it belongs in lol, i guess they missed it. the other thing i noticed is a connector that was free and i assume its fora speaker, can anyone confirm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150603_171039.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	49628
    Last edited by duttyfoot; 06-03-2015 at 09:13 PM.

That wire is for the sub. If you follow it, it goes straight into the sub assembly.

That is actually the guide I am rewriting the English translation of. The author has been kind enough to do the initial translation for me to edit. I should get it back to him in a week or so, then he can post it for everyone's benefit. Just been too busy lately...
    Last edited by joshindaphils; 06-03-2015 at 09:47 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

there is a part of me, that is very pissed off that i bought another asus notebook. and when i see things like this, where you have to disassemble almost the entire notebook just to clean the fans, it's like pouring fuel on the fire. i have seen several notebooks where you have access to almost all of the components you might need to change or adjust, and even the fans for cleaning. but asus's actions continue to say, "screw you customers", and we keep buying their products like idiots. if the g751jy wasn't so cool looking on the outside, i would never have bought it. i was leaning towards the msi, and allowed myself to be sidetracked by looks. i should have stuck with my initial feelings.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

No, you shouldn't have. Remember the part about the better cooling? Being a closed compartment design helps the G751JY stay cooler than anything MSI offers. I miss the easy to access fan on my N61, too, but I think the one-piece top and keyboard make for a better build. It probably saves $$$ too.

The need for a tear-down was a known quantity before the laptop was available to purchase... while inconvenient vs. other designs the full tear-down is actually very easy compared to most all other laptops I've done it on.

Being a very friendly laptop to work on I consider that as an even trade if not an outright bonus for having to do the full tear-down for a clean.
    Last edited by joshindaphils; 06-06-2015 at 12:25 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

both good points, and something to think about. well, done is done and this is what i have. my rant is more about asus than the actual tear down. just tired of them being so apathetic to their own customers. terrible customer service, always, and rarely good upgraded drivers. but i shouldn't talk smack about the notebook, as it is pretty much rock solid.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast