Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Slaughtahouse

Asus G53 freeze/kernel/black screen.

Just made an account here because I can't get an answer/ figure it out for my self.

I've had my g53 (2630qm/750gbHDD/8gb/460m/1080p) since June. I fisrt had problems installing drivers and what not. Compatibility issues where nvidia couldn't detect the hardware. But I fix'd that and now any new driver will install. Also had a problem where my power button would turn on the lapper but I got that fixd through Asus.

Anyways, my problem is, just roughly 2 weeks ago, my computer brightness would crank out to the max and a prompt would come up and say "285.62 has crashed, restored in kernel mode" or something along those lines. Then sometimes when I turn on my computer, the keyboard lights up, hdd start spinning but the backlight for the monitor doesn't turn on. And if I hit the power button again, it instantly turns off.

Also my computer would lag on a web browser or just watching a video. I've read the sticky for the atheros update and im doing that now but if that doesn't fix my kernel problem, what do I do? Should I use driver sweeper? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information, just let me know.

Thanks.

Slaughtahouse

Slaughtahouse
    BTW, I just finish the atheros update. Browser seems to load faster and video's havent sent my computer into kernel mode... yet. I'll keep testing things out.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

That's what I've been saying for weeks.
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Slaughtahouse
    "That's what I've been saying for week." ? Im sorry, I don't understand. Are you having similar problems? Or are you telling other people the solution is just the atheros driver?

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Slaughtahouse
    Yea I know. I said I read the sticky and I was working on that while I was posting. But as i'm writing this message, well wrote, I turned on skyrim and my driver crashed. The screen brightness cranked up again to the max. This doesn't make any sense. I rolled back to 275.33, I went to the current driver and the new beta driver. Multiple times and re installing them on moday this week. They still crash. All started around when I was playing BF3 with 285.62 or w/e its called 2 weeks ago. Ever since then my laptop driver crashes and goes into kernel mode sporadically

Slaughtahouse
    I have an idea. Im gonna try rolling back to the driver that Asus reccomends on there support website.

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...mnE1WGzWUBqosT

Which is 267.21. See if that helps. But say it doesn't, would useing driver sweeper fix my problems? I've never used it before and it's seems a little complex.

I think your GPU may be failing due to heat. A repaste may help, but I think the GPU is going to die, eventually.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Slaughtahouse
    What makes you say that?

Slaughtahouse
    Doing tests with cpu monitor under stress, my 460 usually doesn't get above 75 degrees, so I don't think that would be the problem. Also like to mention that games still work. I can play skyrim for hours, and have done so far. It's just sometimes booting up or sometimes I get the popup saying it went to kernel mode. My games haven't froze in a while

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast