cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW - Trying to restore back to factory - Both F9/DVDs do not work

SpeedyG75VW
Level 7
Hello, my computer crashed and I'm trying to restore using the backup partition. Pressing F9 during powerup does not work. It does nothing. Using the backup DVDs I've made long time ago also does not work. The restore "completes successfully"....but when it finishes and reboots, I get a "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key" message from windows after the ROG logo is shown.

I noticed in the BIOS that I only have the boot option for the DVD. The HDDs do not show up in the boot options. However, I know for a fact both my HDDs work since I can pull them out and read them on another computer. Somehow the "restore" is not setting the drives to be bootable.

Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
sounds like perhaps somewhere along the line you converted your hard drive to MBR and your restore DVD Attempted to restore UEFI. and could not create the EFI partition to boot.
You can try hitting the ESC key on boot up that will give you a boot menu then select your boot drive.
Other wise you could use Diskpart clean your hard drive, then try the restore DVD's again.

Asus used to sell a restore disk for $50, that was a while back not sure if that is still available
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro