cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Laptop Decal?

gg31hh
Level 7
Hi All,

Curious as the surface of G74SX is Rubberized coated surface, I wonder if I apply laptop decal will damage or leave a mark on Rubberized coated surface?. :confused:
8 REPLIES 8

fostert
Level 12
I have found that rubber layer seems to hold finger oil stains very well: they are difficult to remove except with isopropyl alcohol (which I know shouldn't be used on rubbers, as it dries it out). I don't recommend putting anything on there unless you intend it to be permanent. I would never but only because I really love the all matte-black "stealth" look of the unit! Shallow, eh? 🙂
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

BrodyBoy
Level 10
I think it would eventually leave an area that looks different from the surrounding surface. The coating seems to wear over time and change appearance a little.....so covering part of it would cause differential wear. (In one of ours, my son left the big Asus sticker on for about three weeks and that area looked "newer" after he took it off.)

I'm curious to see how well it really holds up over time. I expect it'll eventually wear off where your palms are always rubbing it.

I love the all black too........ but reason I asked is, My mate actually copied and got the same G74SX as mine.... Kinda want mines to be special, since I paid a lot for it ^^

JRd1st
Level 12
I used to have a cellphone case that felt like the finish on the G47. When it wore through, it started peeling. So I hope it takes a LONNNGGGGG time.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st
Level 12
Don't put stickers on it so when he does yours will be pristine. lol

OR, do a clean install and don't tell him how you got yours to run so much better. lol
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Or ditch Windows altogether and run Linux! Not only special, but dare I say unique! Your friend will certainly feel like one of a large school of fish, while you can be the penguin in a smaller flock looking down...:)
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Retired
Not applicable
can thouse stickers on the left side be taken off? I have already removed the big one on the right on the first day, but the smaller ones look like it has stronger glue on it...

They are attached a little more "aggressively." But yes, you can remove them.