cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT- Several system_service_exception/irql blue screens, process of resetting

JesusRT
Level 7
ASUS ASG751JTCH71
Republic of Gamers G751JT-CH71

Recently my Asus Rog laptop has been having several blue screens with the following error messages:

system_service_exception netio.sys
driver_irql_no_less_or_equal tcpip.sys

I've decided that the best way to fix this is by resetting my hardrive entirely, I've obtained an external hard drive to save my files.

My current partitions look like this http://puu.sh/gNm58/4f8c81e216.png

how do I go about in the recovering process?
9 REPLIES 9

Corporal
Level 9
Did you delete you recovery partition? That was a very bad idea.

Now you can only install windows 8 from scratch, if you have an installation DVD, or you contact your retailer and restore the recovery partition somehow.

*EDIT*
Nevermind, the recovery partition looks like it's free on mine too. Go to PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> Remove everything and reinstall Windows

JesusRT
Level 7
yes, I was wondering if the partitions where adequate to initialize the windows recovery feature.
When I first bought my laptop three months ago, the partitions where set up oddly with a Drive D that took a lot of empty space in the hard drive

http://puu.sh/ebc97/614738f044.png

I prefer to have a single partition for all of my files so I got rid of it and merged it with Drive C.

http://puu.sh/ecGxj/804bfb705d.png

I'd like to know if this would interfere with the recovery.

Corporal
Level 9
Only your C:\ drive will be affected by recovery. 370 GB is definitely enough space for recovery process to complete without failure.

Archescent
Level 7
After allowing nvidia experience to install the latest graphics driver i got the same issue as that (driver_irql_no_less_or_equal tcpip.sys)

I decided to revert the driver back to the one I had when I got the laptop earlier this year.

It's been crash blue screen free for about a week now 🙂

a week? how about a month! 😄

netio.sys has been giving me a lot of crashes just by turning on the computer and waiting, it's a bit random, but I noticed it happening when I started Final Fantasy realm reborn and when coming back from sleep mode.

Airintake
Level 7
Perhaps this is my case, but I share my experience of blue screens.
Took me a few days to figure after I upgraded my ram to 32GB, and SSD to 512GB.

The upgrade caused blue screens.
One by one sorted, and I deduce that the blue screen was caused by the way the memory placed before clicking down.

The memory connector seem to have some tolerance so before I click the memory in place, I gently press the memory to one side.
Have not had much blue screens for the last two months.

So my case is perhaps the memory not slotted in a good position.

Archescent
Level 7
I stand corrected, it just crashed again. Must have gotten lucky for a while.

Ill try re-seat the memory and see if that helps 🙂

JohCar
Level 7
Try uninstall ROG game first & ROG gaming center.Solved my BSOD issues. 47850

JesusRT
Level 7
blue screened again with:
system_service_exception netio.sys

I'm going to try uninstalling ROG game first and gaming center.