cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G75VW-DS72 Should I repl. keyboard?

endago
Level 7
It's been 2 years since I spilt coke on my laptop. The "+" key, the ". delete" key, and the "enter" key on the numpad haven't worked since it happened. Everything else has been fine. Just recently one of my 8 year olds pulled up a key and I can't slide it back into place because he also broke the pin and plastic pieces that attach it to the keyboard.

I am going to replace the entire keyboard at this point by watching Youtube tutorials, but I was wondering if doing so would resurrect the keys that had stopped working due to the split coke from a couple years back?

It's looking like $59 for the replacement keyboard. Any other advice on this?
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
I would think that replacing the keyboard would fix the dead keys from the coke spill, you were very fortunate that the coke didn't leak any further in to your notebook
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

C4RN1
Level 9
I think a new keyboard would "fix" your dead key issue as well, though remember the coke had to go somewhere. When you open it up to replace the keyboard make sure you unplug it from the wall, and remove the battery. Take the top off and clean up all of the remaining coke with qtips and concentrated isopropyl (at least 91%). The coke is going to make everything stick together, just be careful taking apart the laptop. Remember you don't want to force anything.

Good luck

Fermin
Level 7
I have a similar issue. Is there a place that can show how to remove the keyboard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro