New ROGer Array

Maximus IV Extreme-Z doesn't boot [Code 2E]

Hi,

I tried to increase the amount of RAM in my 3 years old system and now booting stops with the code 2E.
    But first the configuration of my system:
    • CPU: i7-2600k
    • GPU: GTX 580
    • RAM: G.Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
    • Power Supply: BQT P9-850W

The system was running fine, until I tried to install two additional RAM sticks. These are also G.Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR and have the exact same information on their sticker as my old ones (except for some formatting):
    DDR3-1866 CL9-10-9-28 1.5V
    XMP PC3-14900 4GBx2
    At first I inserted the two new sticks to the two free slots on the board and the result was, that the booting stopped with the code 32. I tried to boot with MemOK! (by pressing the GO-Button for a few seconds during booting), but that didn't help.
    I removed the new sticks and tried to replace one of the old sticks with a new one. The board was now able to boot, but stopped with the code E1. I tried all possible combinations of sticks and slots, but wasn't able to get past the code E1.
    The current state is, that the booting stops with the code 2E (I don't know how I got from E1 to 2E), even if I use only the old RAM sticks. It doesn't even get to the point, where I could enter the BIOS.

Best regards and thanks for your help,
    Ralf
    Last edited by RalfDieter; 03-24-2015 at 02:03 PM.

New ROGer Array

Nevermind, the problem was a combination of a defect RAM slot and bad boot settings (I think because of the CMOS-Reset).