cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Display Driver issues/crashes

polishxpress
Level 7
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I really hope it is in the right area.
I have been experiencing some graphical issues with chrome specifically and videos in general. With chrome, I get these weird square objects on my screen that completely distort the content and make everything unreadable or viewable. This issue progresses slowly and gets worse. Sometimes while watching videos, the whole screen glitches and shows random colours making it impossible to see anything. If the problem gets severe enough while watching videos and using chrome, the display driver kernel will crash. It notifies me via pop up box in the bottom right corner with the driver update number. I started experiencing these issues as new updates started to roll out with the display driver. I have since spoken to asus and they gave me the 344.00 driver to reinstall. It appears the problem is resolved for now, but as you may have realised that update is super old. Some of my games heavily rely on updates for better performance.
Has anyone else experienced these graphical issues on screen?
1 REPLY 1

polishxpress
Level 7
I can confirm that reverting back to the original 344.00 display driver has resolved the issue completely. This is extremely fustrating as to why these updates are not stable. It really improves the performance of some games. However, the 344.00 is very stable and gives me no problems. Additionally, all my games run just fine for now, especially league of legends and hardline.