cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titan x

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Do you really need a minimum of 24gb ram for this card ? I see it advertised on the other brand card but asus does not list it on there specs list ? I currently have 16gb and want to buy this card but if you really need 24gb or higher then i may just get another 980 to SLI?
25 REPLIES 25

Nate152
Hello oG kill3r

I want to know the same thing.

I see reviews of the titan x just using 16GB of ram but I think the 24GB minimum 48GB recommended has something to do with memory swapping coming soon but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm waiting for an e-mail from NVidia to clarify this.

Nate152
I got tired of waiting for NVidia to reply so I just called them.

The NVidia rep said tthe RAM needs to be double that of the Vram, so 24GB of ram for 12GB of vram, he said if using 3 titan x's 48GB is the minimum.

Nate152 wrote:
I got tired of waiting for NVidia to reply so I just called them.

The NVidia rep said tthe RAM needs to be double that of the Vram, so 24GB of ram for 12GB of vram, he said if using 3 titan x's 48GB is the minimum.

Is this stated anywhere? I am reading different things..

oG_kill3r
Level 7
If you go look over on OC.net there are a few running 16gb ram with no problem . This is confusing to say the least ! I have a credit @ newgg that i want to use and the asus titan x is in stock ATM .

Nate152
Yeah I saw some reviews of them testing it with 16GB of RAM, Guru3D was one place I saw a review.

If you want it go for it, it's the fastest single gpu and blows the gtx 980 away.

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Does anyone know if asus will be offering a backplate for the titan x ?

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Asus Titan X ordered 😄

Nate152
Congratulations !

I see EK has black ones, there are also red, blue, gold and nickel ones. I haven't found any nickel backplates in stock anywhere.

Nate152 wrote:
Congratulations !

I see EK has black ones, there are also red, blue, gold and nickel ones. I haven't found any nickel backplates in stock anywhere.

Thanks ... i also picked up some more ram just incase lol