cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula Q-Code 19 Pre-memory PCH initialization is started

Sturk23
Level 7
Hello folks,
Been having issues searching forums for a resolution for the problem, thought I'll try posting for responses.

I typically put the computer to sleep (don't shut down takes a bit to restart -for me) and the PSU (Lighting 1000 from Roswell) was making clicking sounds in a sequence); also as this was happening, all the lights were dimming with the clicking noise. So I shut down the system. Now, nothing appears on the monitor and a Q-Code 19 Pre-memory PCH initialization is started shows on the boards LED. Any suggestions?
I have re-seated and reset the memory sticks in different slots (even used just 1), I also removed the GPU and disconnected all USB devices to determine the issue; the error persists with Error 19.

I have also been having issues with the time clock not syncing properly, I have to manually sync with windows just about every time I come back from sleep mode. Also, this issue hasn't happened with previous bios versions, I believe I am currently at bios 1603 and I hadn't had this problem prior to the bios change. Windows time would also fall short, for example, if I synced at 2pm (manually) 3 hours pass, the clock resets to 2pm. Sometimes the hours would fall back, 2:59PM now becomes 2PM again. There would also be times when the time would be consistant for a few days then fall behind again, odd problem issue however not the primary concern.

Any solution to resolving the Q-Code 19 Pre-memory PCH initialization is started, error, would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

nokturnalb6six6
Level 7
Sturk23 wrote:
Hello folks,
Been having issues searching forums for a resolution for the problem, thought I'll try posting for responses.

I typically put the computer to sleep (don't shut down takes a bit to restart -for me) and the PSU (Lighting 1000 from Roswell) was making clicking sounds in a sequence); also as this was happening, all the lights were dimming with the clicking noise. So I shut down the system. Now, nothing appears on the monitor and a Q-Code 19 Pre-memory PCH initialization is started shows on the boards LED. Any suggestions?
I have re-seated and reset the memory sticks in different slots (even used just 1), I also removed the GPU and disconnected all USB devices to determine the issue; the error persists with Error 19.

I have also been having issues with the time clock not syncing properly, I have to manually sync with windows just about every time I come back from sleep mode. Also, this issue hasn't happened with previous bios versions, I believe I am currently at bios 1603 and I hadn't had this problem prior to the bios change. Windows time would also fall short, for example, if I synced at 2pm (manually) 3 hours pass, the clock resets to 2pm. Sometimes the hours would fall back, 2:59PM now becomes 2PM again. There would also be times when the time would be consistant for a few days then fall behind again, odd problem issue however not the primary concern.

Any solution to resolving the Q-Code 19 Pre-memory PCH initialization is started, error, would be greatly appreciated.

You ever figure out what the problem was?? I'm having the same issue

Spooty
Level 7
Thread Necromancy!

I have been experiencing this exact same issue with this motherboard recently and I think I know what causes this boot cycle issue and error code 19.

I recently went and installed a compatible nand ssd for the mPCIe wifi/BT combo add on for fun and tonsee if it would work. I had it installed and configured, latest available bios etc. The drive was working OK, I could install games on to it, but ever since I installed it I was having these issues.

It would also give a "Error sending end of post to me system halt" message before waiting several seconds before booting to Windows.

I had tried cmos resets, bios flashing, repeating all memory/plugs/devices, but removing this was the only thing that would let my PC boot normally again.

If you have this extra pcb installed, remove it and see what happens. You may need to use the cmos reset button on the back panel.