cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Asus G751JY] Snaps and clicks while using headphones on Windows 8.1.

Karzmu
Level 7
Model: Asus G751JY

When using headphones on Windows 8.1 I can hear snaps and clicks, especially when the new sound starts to play (for example when I change volume level). When sound plays continuously (for example when playing youtube video) the sound is clear, but when I pause it I can hear single snap, and when I start it again another one can be heard. That's really annoying while gaming, because then many sounds start to play and most of them causes snaps and clicks in the headphones.

The problem exists only when using headphones, not built-in speakers (I tested 3 different models of headphones/earphones to be sure that that's not the reason of the problem). I also RMAd my laptop and had motherboard changed for different reason and both of them had the same problem so this must be something with software. In addition I have dual Boot Linux Mint 17.1 and there the sound is clear as well. I have the latest Realtek drivers (6.0.1.7432) installed from Asus official support page and already tried to install them again - with no success.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2

Corporal
Level 9
This issue is present on all G751JY/JT Laptops. As of today there is no solution or statement from ASUS. The discussion is taking place in this joined thread:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59248-G751-Sound-Crackling-Thread-%28The-one-thread-to-rule...

Karzmu
Level 7
Thanks for the info but after reading the thread you linked I think that my problem is different. It only shows up while using headphones and it sound as if you play the old gramophone record. It doesn't sound like the youtube videos on the linked thread.