cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL551JW-DH71 Some text pixelated/blurry

eizus
Level 7
Hi! I just purchased GL551jw-dh71. There no other programs installed yet only Windows 8.1 but I noticed some text are blurry, pixelated or over-sharp. How do you fix this? Is this because of the resolution or the display card? Do I need to do some tweaking? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Corporal
Level 9
Check if your display resolution is set to 1920x1080 (native).

ROGer_G551
Level 7
Same on mine.

Most of the time the display is nice and sharp and text is fine but every now and then I get some text (Usually in the installation box that pops up when installing new software) that is soft.

My resolution is set to 1080P, It is fine 95% of the time so it obviously isn't a resolution thing.
If anyone can figure out why that would be great! 🙂

hmscott
Level 12
Guys, you might check to make sure the desktop scaling option is set, that can make text seem blurry even with the right resolution set for the display.

Display Control panel, set to Smaller / 100% view, and check the box that says "Let me choose one scaling level for all my Displays", as shown here:

scott1
Level 7
I'm glad this was here. I just picked up a GL551JW-DS74 this week and saw this same thing. Out of the box some of the text was very fuzzy. For a sec, I thought something was wrong with my glasses. Nope, it was this. Thanks for the fix for this guys.