New ROGer Array

Exclamation GPU tweak will not recognize CPU/GPU fan speeds or turn on the fans at full speed

I did a Windows 8 clean install today, and in my rush to do things I forgot to backup anything. Either way, I guessed all drivers must on Asus' page and I downloaded and installed every single one of them. The problem is, I just installed GPU tweak last but now it wont detect fan speeds, and will not turn on the fans at full speed like before. I checked and made sure I have the nvidia optimus laptop version of GPU tweak, tried all 3 versions of it, but it still refuses to work. What driver am I missing? This all used to work great but for some reason after the clean install it's not working. Any help is GREATLY apreciated.

Also, I did a clean install of Windows 8 to install a new SSD so I lost ALL of the asus recovery options.
    Last edited by sarxion; 03-30-2015 at 03:24 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Restore your system to factory state using the restore option. GPU Tweak is already installed on factory image.

New ROGer Array

Lost any recovery options

I installed an SSD and did a clean install of windows 8.1, and in the process wiped the original HDD clean along with the recovery partitions since I didn't think I'd need anything if all the drivers were on Asus' page. Sadly it's not...

New ROGer Array

Never mind, solved the issue. It seems I hadn't updated the BIOS to the latest 206 version (was 204) and didn't have the Asus ATK Driver on the Support site installed. Thanks tough.