cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on the ROG SLI bridge?

Evo
Level 7
Hey there!

Since the contest is almost 2 months over I'm just curious if there are any news on the release date. Even something like Q3 or w/e would be nice.
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Waiting for this too....would appreciate a heads up on the date...if that's possible 🙂

bmac1191
Level 7
They must have production problems.. they did that contest over a month ago and I never heard anything about it.. you would think at least one would trickle down to ebay.

Korth
Level 14
MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
I'm not sure how we could sell them though as they are small items and we've always had trouble stocking accessories.

It seems that Asus flip-flopped on their initial reluctance to produce these "small items" - the announcement page was recently updated and the official product page is now up. I notice a smart new Asus design element - some of the bridges are able (with minor adjustment) to fit multiple slot dimensions and configurations.

I'm guessing the delay is less a production problem (because Taiwan can build anything!), but more a logistics/distribution problem (because Taiwan is far away from a lot of the enthusiast market). A problem is that each vendor will need to stock the full variety of part configurations while each customer will likely purchase only one specific piece.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Raja
Level 13
For North America, targeted around mid-April for retail. Other regions may have different release schedules so will need to be contacted by the user for confirmation.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Evo
Level 7
Thanks a lot! Any news on pricing? Did read something about them a few weeks ago. I don't remember them correctly but I'm sure it was something like 65$ - 79$ depending on the bridge.

Ah, I found it: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/400815,asus-to-release-enthusiast-rog-sli-bridges.aspx

If this is true I can see 80€ - 100€ in Germany. Simply due to .. w/e reason.

Korth
Level 14
lol, welcome to Big Business. You can have it fast, you can have it good, you can have it cheap - pick two.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Evo
Level 7
Good and Cheap please! :D. From what I've seen on the PA279Q ASUS is definitly able to do it fast, cheap (build quality) and sell it expensive. The backlight bleed, balck to grey shift, inhomogenous picture, font ghosting and so on was horrible as heck. I just hope that the 27" version will be way better. Not like 900€ are much for "professional grade" monitors but that did feel like a 100€ taiwan monitor.