cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of G20 version?

masterschwag
Level 7
I am looking for a nice list of all the different versions of the G20... I keep seeing so many different variations around the internet and a friend of mine is interested in getting one but wants to know what his options are.. Any help would be great!
3 REPLIES 3

adamsyes
Level 8
Hey there, currently the 3 optional models for North America and western Europe (France, UK mostly) consisting of the following setup:

G20AJ-US009S = a i7 CPU & Equipped with NVIDIA 760 GTX (Top Tier)
G20AJ-US023S = a i5 CPU & Equipped with NVIDIA 750 GTX (Mid Tier)
G20AJ-US006S = a i3 CPU & Equipped with NVIDIA 745 GTX (Low Tier)

Depending on the budget and what you looking for to use mostly, I would recommend the i5, and upgrade the gpu and cpu later on at the fall of 2015, or perhaps before if you willing to spend extra bucks on the side. Going for top tier model works but if you planning to upgrade, its current price would be more of a waste to do so.

Each of them also have minor differences in terms of HDD and depending where you buy it, Keyboard and mouse will be included (some retailers will remove the illuminated ROG traditional G20 keyboard for a regular ASUS keyboard, so watch out)

These models are from mostly the January cycle of 2015. However, ASUS has now updated them with the 900 Series in certain countries such as Norwegian, eastern Europe. They should also come in North America this summer hopefully.

I Purchased the i5, and planning to throw a 970 in there this summer. the CPU is perfectly fine for me, so I don't see myself upgrade it till Christmas imo. In the end, I may spend a little bit more compared to a i7 model but for way more performance.

FYI upgrading would void your warranty.

cityhunter62
Level 8
Hello,

Good question. But unfortunately communication from ASUS is unclear on this point.
You have to search the Internet for yourself to gather enough information. A shame that Asus website does not list all the options available.

You have far more options available here in Western Europe (in France anyway).
GTX 970 and GTX 980 are already available in many variants. Most relevant for me (with GTX 9xx newer GPUs) are the G20AJ-FR033S, G20AJ-FR026S, G20AJ-FR027S and G20AJ-FR028S.

The following website will give you some of the models available in France :
http://www.cdiscount.com/search/10/g20aj.html#_his_
Though prices are not the most competitive. For instance, I got the G20AJ-FR033S for 1350€ on another website.

Hope it helps !

mortenstj
Level 9
I recently bought this: G20AJ-NR040S

GTX980 4GB
Core i7-4790
16GB
256GB SSD
2TB HDD