cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen and network card disabled! Asus G751-JY

bartvangils
Level 7
Hello fellow ROG fans,

I have a asus G751-jy and I am having trouble with it lately. When I turn on my laptop, sometimes the screen is black and nothing happends, this happends like 3 out of 10 times. I am having the same issue with my network card, sometimes when I boot my laptop my network card is disabled and I cant turn it on so I have to restart. Its pretty annoying. I am also having trouble with temperatures of my CPU, sometimes it goes to 85-90 degree while it used to run at 70-75. Is there anyone else here having the issue with the screen and NIC? And is it enough reason to send it back to asus?

Kind regards,

Derpadin
6 REPLIES 6

bartvangils
Level 7
No one who is having this issue or someone who knows if i can send it back for this?

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Your first problem could stem from buggy firmware or a faulty main board. Since it happens intermittently, I'm leaning towards the firmware.

As far as your network card goes, that remains a mystery until you reinstall or update the driver, check the card's seating (if you're comfortable), and check the antennae connections (again, if you're comfortable doing so). It's difficult to say whether it's a software fault, bad connection, or hardware fault until some troubleshooting goes into it.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

bartvangils
Level 7
I am pretty scared to go in my laptop due warranty. I tried to update the firmware but that didnt solve the issue.
Today I made a screenshot of the networkcard being disabled http://imgur.com/IUxqrBx, I am sorry that it is Dutch and not English.
Do you think I can send the laptop back to Asus? I am getting pretty annoyed that I have to reboot my computer so many times.

bartvangils wrote:
I am pretty scared to go in my laptop due warranty. I tried to update the firmware but that didnt solve the issue.
Today I made a screenshot of the networkcard being disabled http://imgur.com/IUxqrBx, I am sorry that it is Dutch and not English.
Do you think I can send the laptop back to Asus? I am getting pretty annoyed that I have to reboot my computer so many times.

bartvangils, are you talking about your ethernet card, or the Wifi card? The Wifi card may be due to Game First III, you could try uninstalling that - many do - and also the other Game Center software - it doesn't seem to do anything helpful except disconnect the network to save power 🙂

If you are talking about Wifi, it could be your router/AP is losing connection, check you Status when connected to see how strong the signal is and how fast you are connected. Make sure to use WPA/AES for your encryption to get fastest connection (>54Mbps). Also enable WMM in the router.

If you are talking about the Ethernet card, then it might just be a bad cable, or connector not plugged in all the way, or the router/hub you are connected to is having trouble keep sync. Instead of rebooting, unplug the Ethernet cable and plug it back in. If that works and this happens again, wiggle the cable instead of unplugging it and see if it is intermittent. You might have a bad crimp of the wires in the connector, or a bad cable.

Disable Power saving mode for Wifi/Ethernet, that helps too.

Do the same for battery mode too unless you want power savings, but then you should run the Power Saving Power plan and enable the power off capabilities there instead - it is still frustrating to lose your network connection while on battery mode 🙂

Please let us know if that helps solve it for you, before you take the time to return it to seller or RMA to Asus - are you still in the return period? If so don't let that time pass, it is quicker to return with a fault so you don't pay restocking, that it is to RMA.

Good luck! 🙂

bartvangils
Level 7
Thanks Hmscott for your reply and for your time.
I was speaking about WiFi, I am sorry that I was not clear about that.
The problem is that my WiFi card is disabled and that I cant connect to any network.
I have tried the steps that you said, but none fixed the problem, I think it might has to do something with my motherboard as I am having trouble with my screen too. I am no longer in the return period, what do you mean with paying the restock if I RMA it?
Thanks again for your time, I really appriciate it 🙂

bartvangils wrote:
Thanks Hmscott for your reply and for your time.
I was speaking about WiFi, I am sorry that I was not clear about that.
The problem is that my WiFi card is disabled and that I cant connect to any network.
I have tried the steps that you said, but none fixed the problem, I think it might has to do something with my motherboard as I am having trouble with my screen too. I am no longer in the return period, what do you mean with paying the restock if I RMA it?
Thanks again for your time, I really appriciate it 🙂

bartvangils, that's too bad, it does happen occasionally, an ethernet port is flaky / bad.

If you just bought it maybe you can return it to the seller and get another new one, or if you are happy with everything else - it might be best to RMA it for Asus to fix - instead of taking a chance that the next one might have a worse problem.

One more thing to try. Go into the device manager, and uninstall the Wifi Adapter device (don't uninstall the driver), and then go to the Action Menu of Device Manager and select "Scan for hardware changes", sometimes that works 🙂

Please come back and let us know how it works out with you 🙂