cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable widi and optimus on G751JY?

lazzy
Level 7
Hello
I have purchased a G751JY it have WIFI Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 but it have only GTX 980M without Optimus. i need the HD4600 to be installed to be able to use widi , beacause I have a Tv support miracast + wifi direct. I want G751JY can cast to my tv. Is there button to switch between intel HD 4600 and nvidia GTX 980M?
10 REPLIES 10

BVr77
Level 7
why do you want to use Intel Widi ?
use directly Miracast.

BVr77 wrote:
why do you want to use Intel Widi ?
use directly Miracast.

How to use miracast on laptop? Can you show me step by step please

BVr77
Level 7
Miracast is built -in Windows 8.1, be sure you have Nvidia driver ver 340.43 minimum.
activate Miracast on your TV and on your laptop use the charm bar go to devices then project select "add a wireless display" and select your Tv.
that's it.

Corporal
Level 9
You can't enable optimus on G751JY. The display is connected directly to the GTX980m, and the intel 4600 hd is disabled.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
lazzy wrote:
Hello
I have purchased a G751JY it have WIFI Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 but it have only GTX 980M without Optimus. i need the HD4600 to be installed to be able to use widi , beacause I have a Tv support miracast + wifi direct. I want G751JY can cast to my tv. Is there button to switch between intel HD 4600 and nvidia GTX 980M?

These wireless display standards are really convoluted. Intel WiDi is basically folded into Miracast from what I understand.

Your NVidia GPU will support Miracast (see this document), but your WLAN card will not.

Your WLAN card will support Intel WiDi, but your NVidia GPU will not (and there is no way to utilize the Intel graphics on your laptop).

The most practical option would be to remove the Intel WLAN card and its drivers, and install a compatible, Miracast capable card and its drivers.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

BVr77
Level 7
TSSSSSS

the Intel AC7260 is a Miracast certified source product.
it's certification number : WFA51001

Intel WiDi is the Intel solution for Wireless display as Apple is AirPlay, twice are proprietary software.
Miracast is an open Platform Wireless Display.

So if you have an Intel 7260 wifi card, a Nvidia GTX 980m GC and Windows 8.1 you've got all you need to duplicate your laptop screen towards Miracast Dislay.

Don't post if it's just to talk nonsense.

BVr77 wrote:
TSSSSSS

the Intel AC7260 is a Miracast certified source product.
it's certification number : WFA51001

Intel WiDi is the Intel solution for Wireless display as Apple is AirPlay, twice are proprietary software.
Miracast is an open Platform Wireless Display.

So if you have an Intel 7260 wifi card, a Nvidia GTX 980m GC and Windows 8.1 you've got all you need to duplicate your laptop screen towards Miracast Dislay.

BVr77 wrote:
i'm not in front of your laptop, so i can't see what's wrong .
have a look of your driver version.
i don't know your TV model, is there a firmware update available ?
be sure wifi is active on both side .
Miracast Wireless display use 802.11n and 5Ghz so be sure it's active.

all i can say is that it's working fine in my house when i select project my Panasonic TV directly appears in the charm bar.

BVr77, would you please post screen shots and a quick walk through on how you set it up as a new Thread? If there are options to enable on the Panasonic maybe photo's and description there too? This question comes up often enough it would be helpful to have a sticky on how to set it up for the G751.

Thanks BVr77!

lazzy
Level 7
@Bvr77: are you try to connect TV by Miracast? I spent 4h but it can't connect to my tv. i think Prostar Computer is right

BVr77
Level 7
i'm not in front of your laptop, so i can't see what's wrong .
have a look of your driver version.
i don't know your TV model, is there a firmware update available ?
be sure wifi is active on both side .
Miracast Wireless display use 802.11n and 5Ghz so be sure it's active.

all i can say is that it's working fine in my house when i select project my Panasonic TV directly appears in the charm bar.