Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane Overclock with the Asus g751JT GTX 970M

kingkaann
Level 8
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6388013 FIRESTRIKE SCORE

48012 14k gfx score on 3dmark11

This thing is a beast...Beating 980m stock by far with it so far.went from 924 core to 1515 mhz.
39 REPLIES 39

warryabel
Level 7
kingkaann wrote:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6388013 FIRESTRIKE SCORE

48012 14k gfx score on 3dmark11

This thing is a beast...Beating 980m stock by far with it so far.went from 924 core to 1515 mhz.

I have a few questions. How did you get this result? do you use xtu for processor? Why is the default clock so high? my default is 924.iI havnt the powertarget option in gputweak same version same driver.
can you tell me how many minutes does this setup work and which temps you have?

warryabel wrote:
I have a few questions. How did you get this result? do you use xtu for processor? Why is the default clock so high? my default is 924.iI havnt the powertarget option in gputweak same version same driver.
can you tell me how many minutes does this setup work and which temps you have?

Hello Mate,

I don't use xtu. This is a gpu overclock not cpu. I am using a modded vbios for my gpu that allowed me to add +500 mhz on the core. that's why i have the gpu power target and other things enabled. my temps get around 83C while gaming. cheers

thx,do you have a share link for the 970m vbios? do you have a how to?

warryabel wrote:
thx,do you have a share link for the 970m vbios? do you have a how to?

Guys just to let you know overclocking with a custom vbios VOIDS your warranty. and it can hurt your system if you don't know how to do it or without professional help. If you really still want to overclock no matter what Pm me.

Corporal
Level 9
How did you install a modded vbios for your gtx970m? Where can I get one for my gtx980m? 😄

Corporal wrote:
How did you install a modded vbios for your gtx970m? Where can I get one for my gtx980m? 😄

pm me i have a friend that can help you with the 980m

th3l34sh
Level 7
Could you share your before/after FPS in some AAA titles?

th3l34sh wrote:
Could you share your before/after FPS in some AAA titles?

I haven't tested bunch of fps games with it but so far i played metro last light and battlefield 4 and in bf4 on ultra i was getting over 150 fps. and 120 fps in metro last light depending on the which part i am. ill try to take before and after screenshots of the fps and post hopefully.

HulkSmash
Level 8
How are your temps man? Have you analyzed ingame? Have you tried running furmark for a few minutes. I have small overclock so far, 180+ on core, 270 on mem, and voltage sitting at 1093mV. Running Furmark for like 15 mins reached a pretty high temp, around 87C. Some games that are really intensive will hover around 75C and sometimes reach 81C...