New ROGer Array

Z97 Deluxe RAM Slots A1 / A2 issues on new build - Need Help

Hi, I don't build very often and I confuse easily! I just built a PC with a new core i7 4790k and a brand new ASUS Z97 deluxe mobo. As for the RAM I thought to use a 32gb G.Skill kit (4x8gb). But when I first booted with 4 RAM sticks I got Q-code 55 "memory not installed". I finally have 2 sticks working in slots B1 and B2, leaving me with half my memory and working only in single channel mode. I tried MEMOk to get the others to configure, with no luck. My RAM is in the list provided by asus for compatible memory.. Running in xpm profile 1, the RAM is running at its rated 2400 MHz.

My configuration:
    ASUS Z97 Deluxe (NFC & WLC) with Thunderbolt
    Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GH
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD (F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD 8Gx4 Intel XMP Ready)
    OCZ Vertex 460A VTX460A-25SAT3-480G 2.5" 480GB SAT
    OCZ 750W PSU
    Windows 8.1

Oh, and by the way - I copied the above description nearly word-for-word from a poster to Tom's Hardware, but he was trying Corsair and Kingtson RAM. Someone advised that guy to look for bent pins in the socket (or debris, excess thermal compound, or too much pressure from the cpu cooler on the memory controller). The guy actually found a slightly bent pin and "solved his problem by straightening it."

Well, what do I know? But I have my doubts about that cause and solution. My thermal compound was factory-applied and I was as careful as any engineer can be while installing the CPU and cooler. Can anyone advise how I might fix my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hello BarryM and welcome

The Ripjaws-z is for the x79 boards, you should have got the trident-x ram, this could be the problem.

New ROGer Array

Nate. The G.Skill F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD is listed in the Asus Z97 DELUXE Qualified Vendor List online and in my printed manual with the motherboard. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'll try to confirm with Asus. Thanks for the direction. - Barry