cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V extreme, i7 5960x, Asus GTX980Strix SLI. No signal on startup, HELP!

AbsenceGameDev
Level 7
Yesterday all the parts came and I have built the entire computer but I won't get a signal on my screen when starting up.

I have no optical drive and was planning to install windows and everything else trough a USB.

Can somebody help me with this issue? Every fan is running, the GTX 980 are running and the cooler is running. Just no signal..
66 REPLIES 66

Chino
Level 15
List your complete system specifications. Also specify which monitor you're using and how you're connecting your system to your monitor.

AbsenceGameDev
Level 7
I am using my samsung tv, through hdmi port. I don't have a normal monitor.

Asus Rampage v Extreme x99 Motherboard
Intel I7 5960x 8 core
2 Asus Geforce 908gtx Strix in SLI
Seagate 2tb Hdd
EVGA 750w Supernova NEX750B
NH-d15 Cooler
Ballistix 4x8GB ddr4 ram 2400Mhz

Nate152
Hello AbsenceGameDev

You may need to set your TV to which HDMI port you have it connected to, after doing this restart your pc.

Some TV's flat out don't work with an hdmi cable connected to a pc.

Is this the first time trying this or has your TV worked with a pc before?

AbsenceGameDev
Level 7
I only use my tv with the hdmi port. I can still view my laptop in hdmi-mode, no problem with that. I have done it already and restarted my tv. I disconnected and reconnected both the Sli connection plus reconnected the connections on the cpu.

Edit:
To clarify, I am using my TV as a screen for my ASUS laptop right now.

Nate152
What code is the motherboard giving you when you try to start it with your tv?

AbsenceGameDev
Level 7
I get no code, only a "no signal, check the connected devices powersupply..." warning from the TV

Nate152

53 is the only visible number i can see. It seems like the temprature and not like a code 😕 Where do I find the code if that is the temprature?

AbsenceGameDev
Level 7
Dp you men the numbers on the display ON the motherborad, I thought you meant on teh display of the TV. Wait 2 secs I'll check