Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    What does code BD refer to in your manual?
    BD is usually System Agent Voltage related. Judging from a few of the posts in this thread, he's having RAM stability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsenceGameDev View Post
    Ballistix 4x8GB ddr4 ram 2400Mhz
    Is that a single kit or multiple kits?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsenceGameDev View Post
    How do I reflash to the update I had? Do i need to download it again? I think it was version 0802 or something like that but I don't remember
    1. Prepare a freshly FAT32 formatted USB pendrive.
    2. Download the BIOS and extract the BIOS file to the USB pendrive.
    3. Rename the file to R5E.CAP.
    4. Insert the USB pendrive into the USB 2.0 port that's not beside the PS/2 port.
    5. Press the ROG Connect button until a flashing LED appears, then release.
    6. The flashing LED will start to blink faster and faster. When it stops blinking, the process is over.
    7. Power on your system.

When you power on your system, you will see a black screen and a message telling you that it's updating the BIOS. Once your system restarts, you're done.

ROG Enthusiast Array

nate, I need you to help me understand what is going on. I still not reflashed to the old working Bios, but I somehow managed to get logged in to windows again and I'm not logging out haha. But seriously, I tried several time rebooting buth with the cmos cleared, and the cmos not clread, no difference on the outcome I noticed. The thing I can't understand isn't that, it is that I have also tried going into the Bios EZmodes bootmanager and chosen the hdd several times but end up with a "no signal" screen every time. But this last time I did exactly that, but as so happens I came all the way to the login screen and I am now logged in and importing some old project files into it. I am happy that it works but I am incredibly confused and need some clarification hahah

Thanks in advance

ROG Enthusiast Array

Chino, read the last post, help me figure it out Thanks!

When you run into the "no signal" screen, I need you to look on the DEBUG LED and tell me which QCODE is shown. Also look beside the 24 pin power connector and you'll find 4 QLEDs. Do any of them remain lit when you run into this problem?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    When you power on your system, you will see a black screen and a message telling you that it's updating the BIOS. Once your system restarts, you're done.

Chino, I have tried these steps several times, and whenever I come to the restart, I still get a no signal screen, if I reboot with cmos cleared I get a message that I need to finish setting BIOS up, but after doing that and saving I get a "no signal" screen once again. And if I don't clear the cmos before the reboot after the "no signal" screen, I get a "overclocking failure" screen asking me to press F1 and redo the bios setup, By some reason I got past the bios loop by several times trying to boot the HDD from the EZmode, and the last time it worked perfectly, I haven't logged out and I don't think I will soon, later tonight but not after first finishing importing my project files and then I will update the GPU and Then I will reboot the computer to see if I am able too boot trhough the EZmode again.

A kinda choppy way to get to the OS but the computer runs incredibly perfect now when it's running.

ROG Enthusiast Array

VGA led used to remain lit until this boot, now when I got it running it isn't lit.

The qcodes were bd or 6d whenever it gets stuck on a "no signal" but nothing now.

I'd probably guess you're not seeing neither bd or 6d. But instead the QCODE that's stucked on the DEBUG LED is d6 which would explain why the VGA LED remains lit. Basically the motherboard isn't picking up your GPU.

Try reseating your GPU. Just to discard it being a dirty PCIe lane, might as well blow some compressed air into it. Also verify that the PCIe cables are connected properly. You will know if the GPU is getting proper power because two white LEDs will remain lit. And since you're using a modular PSU, makes sure the PCIe cables are inserted into the correct connectors on the modular panel. If in doubt whether the PCIe cables are good, switch them for another.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7