cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad SLi On Crosshair V Formula

KingJ
Level 7
Hey guys, this is my first post :cool: And i just had a few questions on running quad sli on my Asus Crosshair V Formula it is not the Z
I have 2 Asus mars 760 cards. And before any one says sell them and get 780ti's or 970's, I would rather not. I also have a rampage 3 formula and a i7 920 if that would be a better mobo and cpu to use with thses cards. my issue im running in to is that i can only 3way sli in the nvidia control panel. it only gives me the option to Maximize 3D proformance. im getting sick of AMD and wont be able to jump to a x99 intel chipset till august. so for the time being i would like to get this rig set up proberly. any input would help thanks. 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I thought the Crosshair V Formula (Z or not Z) only supports three cards?

Quad SLI is 2 dual gpus. 4 way sli is 4 single gpus on a mobo. and thats my question is can i do quad sli. this mobo has 2 x16 lanes and i currently have each one filled with a mars 760. so thats 4 gpus at the moment it reads as 3 gpus in sli and one as the deticated PhysX card.

Nate152
Hello KingJ

Yes you can do quad sli (2 dual gpus) on the crosshair v formula.

KingJ
Level 7
thanks. what driver should i use. because right now its not reading it as quad sli

Nate152
Do you have the gpu's in the correct slots?

Use the latest Nvidia driver 347.88

Have you gone to the NVidia control panel configure sli,surround, PhysX and tick maximize 3d performance and click apply?

KingJ
Level 7
Yess ive done all that it still only lets me sli 3 cards

Nate152
If it's only recognizing 3 gpu's then try each gpu one at a time.

Does each gpu show two gpu's?

Nate152
I think I might have told you wrong KingJ take a look here at the formula and formula -z

crosshair v Formula

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/

Crosshair v formula - z

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/

Scroll down to where it says multi gpu technology. The formula - z mentions quad sli but the formula does not.

KingJ
Level 7
Thanks that kinda sucks looks like ill have to wait till august to get the x99 chipset. would my i7 920 and rampage III formula be just as good a my FX 6300 and my CVF mobo