cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53 Advice Needed!!!! (560m model)

Retired
Not applicable
:mad:Ok, ive sold ASUS laptop for years.. im retired from that purchasing sales position at that company - so ive been exploring other brands because I cant get cost any more on ASUS:(...

I need to replace my entire desktop gaming system for $1200 ish...

So naturally in typical ASUS fashion after weeks of looking i ended up with this model for absolute best bang for the buck laptop on the planet earth.

------------------------
Questions I need answered before I purchase it!a!!
------------------------

1. Is sandybridge dual channel, or tri channel? Single channel? Does this matter anymore?

Assuming its not tri channel like the older i7' 1366 processors, why does it ship with 3 sticks of ram? I don't need 12gbs, especially if its going to kick it from dual channel.

------------------------

2. I have owned at least 6 asus laptops in my life, a few of them (looking at you g73) relatively bad quality screens, at least IMO.

What is the screen like on the G53?

------------------------

3. Im ordering mine without the two (or 1?? doesn't matter) harddrives, I want to put TWO patriot inferno 60gb SSD's left over from my gaming tower in it, and run raid 0.

Does this laptop support raid 0 with two HDs?

------------------------

4. And lastly.....

My current tower (q9450, 5850) score 3,600ish STOCK and 4,900 over clocked in 3Dmark2011.

What does the G53 hit stock? And with a VERY conservative OC in 3dmark 2011 for my own reference....

THANKS for anyone with enough time to respond. Its much appreciated.:cool:
0 REPLIES 0