cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme New Bios 1401(Update :April 3 fix)

csbin
Level 7
135 REPLIES 135

aLphaN3RD
Level 7
Tried to flash to it and system stated that it was not a UEFI BIOS. Now it has been pulled from the ASUS site. Hmmmmmm?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
The bios size is what is to blame its larger than what the chip can support.

Franziska
Level 7
1401 is still up on the US site, its not been pulled (yet?) http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

The size is actually exact the same as the previous releases, once you unzipped it. Maybe something is off with the zip compression or the file wasn't compressible this time?

Not gonna upgrade for a while anyway, 1302 does everything I want.

Franziska wrote:
1401 is still up on the US site, its not been pulled (yet?) http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

The size is actually exact the same as the previous releases, once you unzipped it. Maybe something is off with the zip compression or the file wasn't compressible this time?

Not gonna upgrade for a while anyway, 1302 does everything I want.

Under Windows 8.1 x64 it has been pulled.

aLphaN3RD wrote:
Under Windows 8.1 x64 it has been pulled.

No it has not, 8.1 x64 is where I was looking at. US, UK and German ASUS websites are all still showing it for me. Maybe i'm getting directed to another download server regardless of my location choice?

bullzay73
Level 7
same prob here it was not a UEFI BIOS

Same problem, can,t update... bbrrr
What,s going on?

Sylver123
Level 9
This BIOS is definitely corrupt. Ether an error happened when they were
building it or perhaps the file got corrupt during the zip process.

Hopefully they will fix it asap.
Intel i7 5960X @ OC 4.5GHz, Asus R5E, XSPC AX360, G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4-3000MHz, BeQuiet 1200W PSU, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP, Creative X-Fi Titanium, 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0, 2 X Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB RAID 0, LG BH10LS30

GoNz0-
Level 10