Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    ROG Member Array

Yeah, just now got it again...

Well, now i have to slowly combine your recommended options.

Ex-employee Array

This issue has been ongoing forever, I don't think Nvidia ever offered a complete fix for this. Many of my friends who still use GTX 970/980 have just changed connections to DVI-D or HDMI because there's absolutely no other way to get around this issue.

ROG Member Array

Had already accepted this issue as permanent problem, but seems like I fixed it while messing with UEFI boot for different problem.
    Basically, I updated my Z97 MB bios to latest, updates my GTX970 bios to latest and changed MB bios boot mode to CSM Auto instead of Enabled.
    Not sure if the CSM had anything to do with it, but when i set it to UEFI, then my boot up screen shows instantly on DP port (though Windows doesn't load due to a different story), when CSM Auto or Enabled, then on DVI port side monitor.

Ofc it might have also been a coincidence and my PC is simply waiting for the right moment to strike again. I made the change only 3 weeks ago and no issues so far.

New ROGer Array

Hello!

i have a ASUS Maximus X Code Motherboard with the latest BIOS 1003 and a ASUS Stri GTX970 VGA Card.
    And i have two Monitors.. One PC-Monitor on DVI and my Samsung TV on HDMI.
    But since i have Disabled CSM i only got a Picture on HDMI (SAMSUNG TV) on Windows Boot Process and BIOS....
    When i enable CSM i got the Picture right on my DVI PC-Monitor! SO that i could Enter to Bios and see that WIndows is Booting UP!

I must disable CSM because i need the Onboard Raidcontroller and want to use UEFI!

Is there a Solution, so that i get a Boot and Bios Screen on DVI. (so it was also on my Old Motherboard and my Old System)
    Since i have bought the New Moterboard with the new CPU i have this Problem

Please help me!

Best Regards

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by xenon2008 View Post
    Hello!

i have a ASUS Maximus X Code Motherboard with the latest BIOS 1003 and a ASUS Stri GTX970 VGA Card.
    And i have two Monitors.. One PC-Monitor on DVI and my Samsung TV on HDMI.
    But since i have Disabled CSM i only got a Picture on HDMI (SAMSUNG TV) on Windows Boot Process and BIOS....
    When i enable CSM i got the Picture right on my DVI PC-Monitor! SO that i could Enter to Bios and see that WIndows is Booting UP!

I must disable CSM because i need the Onboard Raidcontroller and want to use UEFI!

Is there a Solution, so that i get a Boot and Bios Screen on DVI. (so it was also on my Old Motherboard and my Old System)
    Since i have bought the New Moterboard with the new CPU i have this Problem

Please help me!

Best Regards

Good Morning together!

Yesterday evening i updated my Asus Strix GTX970 to the latest Bios/Firmware. But no improvement. Since i have the new Motherboard Asus Maximus C Code where i disabled CSM Support the HDMI Port form my VGA-Card is the Primary Port for Bios & Boot-Screen.
    But if i enable CSM, the VGA-Card will use DVI-I/DVI-D as Primary Port for the Bios & Boot-Screen.

Both Bios Versions (from Motherboard and VGA-Card) are updated to the newest Firmware.

Has somebody an idea? Or is there a workaround / solution?
    I can't change tthis two Ports, because my SAMSUNG TV only has HDMI and my PC-Monitor also have only HDMI. So i use a Adapter from HDMI to DVI by my PC-Monitor, so that i can connect this to the DVI Port from my VGA-Card.
    And on the HDMI-Port there is my SAMSUNG TV connected.

This is very annoying!

New ROGer Array

Use a simple cable displayport to dvi and it will work.

The motherboard bios code is the problem and starts from z87 chipsets.
    Asus and asrock has the same problem.I have not tried it in gigabyte motherboards.

With cms enabled(same as legacy mode or video rom to legacy first) the first screen is DVI.

With cms disabled (same as uefi mode or video rom to uefi first) the first screen is Display port number 1.

Now black screen with one monitor solution in cold bootupwith asus and asrock motherboards)
    In legacy mode u can put your monitor whatever u want.
    In uefi mode these motherboards (tested asus b85 plus, asus b85 gamer,asrock z97 anniversary) the default output is diplay port number 1. If your gtx 970 has more display ports try them all.

Now if your monitor is dvi or hdmi it does not matter, u can use a simple passive cable display port to dvi or hdmi and the monitor will work.

IF this also works for you please write a commnet about it here.
    Thnks

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19