cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Display Driver crashed and recovered"

Wtfismyname
Level 7
I am experiencing crashing maybe at least 3 times a week and it's obnoxious. Would it be because i have the computer in high performance mode all the time?
I have all the latest drivers installed and i wish this problem would go away, not to mention having paid 1500 for a high performance laptop that crashes, it's unacceptable.
I have an ASUS g74S

any ideas would be welcome
18 REPLIES 18

fixitchris
Level 7
What version drivers ?
G74SX-A1
BIOS: NONE | VGA: 560M @ 311.00 | WIFI: AR9002WB-1NG @ 9.2.0.458 | LAN: Realtek PCIe BGE @ 7.37.1229.2010 | Synaptic: 15.3.43.0 | Audio: Realtek @ 6.0.1.6564
Chipset: 9.3.0.1019 | P4G: 1.1.48 | Wireless Console : 3.0.27

oh yes my bad, I have 285.62 sir
(Nvidia gtx 560m 3gb)

Yahooligan
Level 7
Same version has done the same thing to me as well, maybe a total of 4-5 times over the past 3 weeks and they happened relatively close to each other (Sometimes a couple of hours apart, sometimes 20 minutes or so). It also only happens when I'm connected to an external monitor via HDMI, though it's not very often that I'm using it away from my desk.
--
Yahooligan
ASUS G74SX-XR1 :cool:

Yahooligan wrote:
Same version has done the same thing to me as well, maybe a total of 4-5 times over the past 3 weeks and they happened relatively close to each other (Sometimes a couple of hours apart, sometimes 20 minutes or so). It also only happens when I'm connected to an external monitor via HDMI, though it's not very often that I'm using it away from my desk.

Exactly the same here. But less frequently.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Dudes, this has been posted a few time here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=215245 I would trying installing an earlier version of the driver.

JRd1st
Level 12
I don't see anything in that thread that proves anything. All it is is people saying "I have the same problem." Here, we have people doing the same thing, but they think it's their notebooks.

I really hope it IS drivers, but why would it suddenly start happening to me, across different driver versions, when I've had those same drivers for months and it never happened before. In the last 3 days, it's happened 5 times. Before that, never. :shrug:

I've gone all the way back to 280.26. But I may go to 285.38 beta because I had that one for a long time with no problems. If I get it with that, I'm throwing the "It's the driver . . ." theory out the window.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
I had the same problems myself. I went back all the way 267.XX still happened. I had to clean install them. Haven't crashed since.

Retired
Not applicable
@JRd1st, sorry but that won't help. Exactly the same situation. I had my lapper since June. No issues until 2 weeks ago. I was on 285.62. Crashed, went to the new beta. Crashed. Went to 277.33. Crashed. Went back and forth. Even went back to the default driver I had when I got my g53. Which was 267.XX. Same deal.

Like I said in this thread, and in my thread. I had to do a clean install.

JRd1st
Level 12
Did you try 285.38 Beta?

Did you install R.A.G.E. or Crysis recently?

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com