cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bios released 2601

digmeahole1
Level 10
If you are on any bios that they previously deleted i suggest you update asap if they have one for your board....I am running the formula VII.

MAXIMUS VII FORMULA BIOS 2601
1. Implement 5th-Generation Intel Core Processors code
*Full support of the new CPU requires necessary driver updates.
2. Support ASUS USB 3.1 PCIE add-on card
3. Support NVMe
File Size 5.78 MBytesupdate 2015/04/03
Download from Global

The only updated driver i see is the

Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7450 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32 & 64bit.(WHQL)
1. Fix the Realtek GUI language alteration problem(impedance detection)
2. Add 2 games support for Sonic Radar(Far Cry 4 and Warfare)
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.
78 REPLIES 78

FZero
Level 7
I already updated my VII Ranger to 2601 and like i said in another thread everything went great no problems whatsoever. The old 2304 that got removed was working also without any problems but i'm glad i flashed the new 2601 who knows what could have happened later.

Glad to hear you had no issues. I had no issues with the removed bios also but i am getting ready to update now. Just updating the raid rom first...

FZero wrote:
I already updated my VII Ranger to 2601 and like i said in another thread everything went great no problems whatsoever. The old 2304 that got removed was working also without any problems but i'm glad i flashed the new 2601 who knows what could have happened later.

I dont blame you. if you are not on one of the deleted bios versions and you are stable...no need to update unless you are going to replace your cpu with upcoming cpu's.

Squall_Rinoa89 wrote:
So skeptical on upgrading to 2601... May do it tho sense Fzero said it was fine.. however I am also on my 2nd Z97 VII Hero so could have just been my old board I RMA'd.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.

Squall_Rinoa89
Level 8
So skeptical on upgrading to 2601... May do it tho sense Fzero said it was fine.. however I am also on my 2nd Z97 VII Hero so could have just been my old board I RMA'd.
Lian Li 011 Dynamic White Case
Intel Core i9 Coffee lake 9900K @ 5.1GHz
ASUS STRIX Z390-E LGA 1151
Corsair DDR4 Corsair Dominator 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CAS 18
EVGA nVidia RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA 10GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 PSU
1x 512GB SAMSUNG 860 PRO SSD
2x 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
1x WD BLACK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (6.0Gb/s)

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I just looked at 2601 again and although it's dated today I still get block errors when I try to load it into ez update.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Puffnstuff wrote:
I just looked at 2601 again and although it's dated today I still get block errors when I try to load it into ez update.

Puffnstuff here is a post on what to do if you get the error from Rog member koroziv

Download the bios to desktop; do not right click-extract to....
Just open the archive and drag the file to the usb drive
try again
I just did it this way and it was fine.
If you have the bios rename utility, is a fast way to verify the file: if it's bad you will get an error, if it is good it will rename it. (remember to run as admin)
The turbo boost power values are still multiplied by 8... how hard can it be to get them right ?!?
Edit
here is a link with the maximus VII hero file that I used and the bios renamer :
http://koroziv.myDS.me:5000/fbsharing/zbV8BJEK

Hey,

The status of the link is broken and i would really like to download one of the new bios versions.
Can u maybe upload with an other site??

Would be awesome!

FZero wrote:
Puffnstuff here is a post on what to do if you get the error from Rog member koroziv

Download the bios to desktop; do not right click-extract to....
Just open the archive and drag the file to the usb drive
try again
I just did it this way and it was fine.
If you have the bios rename utility, is a fast way to verify the file: if it's bad you will get an error, if it is good it will rename it. (remember to run as admin)
The turbo boost power values are still multiplied by 8... how hard can it be to get them right ?!?
Edit
here is a link with the maximus VII hero file that I used and the bios renamer :
http://koroziv.myDS.me:5000/fbsharing/zbV8BJEK

Hey,

The status of the link is broken and i would really like to download one of the new bios versions.
Can u maybe upload with an other site??

Would be awesome!

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I find it strange that the bios file has bad blocks when I extract it with windows explorer.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Puffnstuff wrote:
I find it strange that the bios file has bad blocks when I extract it with windows explorer.

I had no problems i use winrar for extracting maybe you should try it too.