cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VI Audio Issue, headphone amplifcation setting not responding.

mt1104
Level 7
Hello,

Fairly sure this worked a few days ago so it may be a windows update that has borked this but it probably needs fixing by the Asus team.

When I plug in headphones, the amplification level is stuck on 'Extreme', setting it to the other 2 settings has no audible effect and it does not save.

I updated to the latest driver to see if that resolved it but no joy.

It's not a huuuuuuuuuuge issue in that I can just turn the volumn way down but it is a tad irritating.

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64, 4770k

Anything else you need let me know.
5 REPLIES 5

mt1104
Level 7
Looks like I moaned too soon, found a newer realtek driver than the one that's on the asus support page for the motherboard and it has resolved the problem.

Still, may want to update that page to have the latest driver on it.

mt1104 wrote:
Looks like I moaned too soon, found a newer realtek driver than the one that's on the asus support page for the motherboard and it has resolved the problem.

Still, may want to update that page to have the latest driver on it.

Where did you get it

mt1104
Level 7
It was an optional update via windows update, so I suppose it isn't exactly hard to find.

Edit

That said, I just did a quick google for that version number, and it seems 6.0.1.7404 is available via Lenovo support if you want to download it manually.

Strider21
Level 7
got it through windows update but the audio manager disappeared and I could no long hear any sound no matter what I did. Any ideas on how to fix

mt1104
Level 7
undo that update, install the latest one off asus website and then install the windows one, thats what I did.

Oddly though I notice the screen cap I took of the version info in my first post was after I installed the latest asus one, but the version number for the audio driver still shows the original one I had when I first built the system in 2013.

Regardless if it still doesn't work, uninstall the audio drivers manually, as well as the asus audio manager if it exists in the list of programs, then install the latest asus one, you'll get audio at least that way.