Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spontaneous reporting Irog updating

marcelmaria
Level 7
Dear fellow gamers

Today I had a problem with my asus maximus vii impact

Few days ago made the bios update to 2601 what went well until today.

Today I am doing my PC back once I get the message irog3 is updating it took quite a while until it was ready.

After the 100% PC started happily back to windows

What is going on here: S
Did the message only had 1x
Is it wise to go back to 2102? or was this a one-off?

Sorry for my bad English
9 REPLIES 9

marcelmaria
Level 7
Nobody?

marcelmaria
Level 7
reporting rog3 updating was hitherto 1 time
What was going on here? was ill or is it wise to go back to working bios? As mentioned, the message was only one maalig and the PC continues to work properly

hello
I also Impact VII
and I have random Irog 3 update.
Then everything works fine.
the bios is 2601.
You've solved the problem?

Balle
Level 7
Hi, I got the same issue now, while I'm writing.
Specs: Maximus VII Impact, updated to BIOS 2601 when it came out (beginning of april).
The message on the screen is:
----------------------------
iROG3 is updating.
Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure.

15%% complete
---------------------------
It started updating half an hour ago and it's still at 15% ... !!! It will probably take many hours to complete, and I hope it will start correctly.
I never got any problem until now. The only thing I could say is that the pc has been correctly shut down and unplugged (without power) for 3 days, it has never been unplugged before. Anyway, I start the pc and shut it down almost every day, but always witch power connected. Could it be the fault has been generated by lack of power? Or BIOS problem? Thank You!

EDIT: it took about 3 hours to complete the update. Than it booted up successfully, and now pc works fine. I noticed that BIOS lost its configurations, like fan optimizations and everything else. It seemed that BIOS was just updated. Another information is that I used the BIOS version 2401 for about one week, before it was withdrawn and the 2601 version was released and corrected.

jedi1
Level 7
Also today irog3 update .....
I wrote to Asus,
let's see what answers

Balle
Level 7
Could it be a problem with bios?
Please everyone keep us updated, thanks!

I noticed that the problem only occurs when I leave the PC without power for a while. If I turn pc off, leaving the power plugged in, and I power it on the next day, the problem does not occur.
Do Maximus VII motherboards get angry when left without electricity?

I have the same problem, any solutions?

Same problem here too, any solution/news??