New ROGer Array

Angry ASUS Q550L Fan runs all the time

I have hunted all over the net looking for a fix to my problem. I cam across a thread with a vague comment that it was the GPU fan and not the CPU fan that was running and it was a problem with the BIOS. It doesn't really affect the performance much, but it is really annoying. I work at my computer a lot and the fan noise is not pleasant.

It seemed to really start when I updated to Adobe Creative Cloud. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be and the possible solution?

Thanks

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ctann2001 View Post
    I have hunted all over the net looking for a fix to my problem. I cam across a thread with a vague comment that it was the GPU fan and not the CPU fan that was running and it was a problem with the BIOS. It doesn't really affect the performance much, but it is really annoying. I work at my computer a lot and the fan noise is not pleasant.

It seemed to really start when I updated to Adobe Creative Cloud. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be and the possible solution?

Thanks
    I had the same problem with my Q550LF, update the bios and it should fix it. One of the bios updates is described as "fan fix when NV something" I think its 1.07 or 1.08. But just get the newest update it will have the fan fix. The fans were not throttling at all, just staying max rpm.

New ROGer Array

Oh and Q550 only has 1 fan.