Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP!] FF Q-Code No POST/Boot - CPU Light On

xrhaomx
Level 7
Ok so first off here are my system specs:

AMD FX-8320 Vishera
16 GB Corsair Vengeance (CMZ16GX3M2A1866CP)
Corsair CX750M PSU
MSI 4GB Radeon R9 290

Also I have tried everything listed on this post :- https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52494-Asus-Crosshair-V-Formula-Z-FF-error-DRAM-light

Everything unplugged but my CPU, resetting my cmos, fast boot on and off and no matter what I try I still get an FF Code.

I also know that my CPU works perfectly fine because I am using it right now (just with my old motherboard) to post this topic and my PSU works perfectly fine because i'm using it right now to power an overclocked R9 290 GPU.

I am at a total lost as to why my Formula-Z board seems to think there is something wrong with my CPU, any advice would be great!
[/HR]
9 REPLIES 9

chris635
Level 7
Try pulling the cmos battery for 10 minutes or so. I'll see what else I can dig up on my end. 😉
Chris...Have a nice day.

chris635
Level 7
Did you have cooling installed?
Chris...Have a nice day.

xrhaomx
Level 7
I had the battery unplugged for about 5-6 minutes before and that didnt make any difference.

Yes I have cooling, I use the Corsair Hydro H100i

Make sure the LN2 Mode is also disabled.
Chris...Have a nice day.

chris635
Level 7
I know it's a pain but, try a stock cooler connected to the cpu fan header.
Chris...Have a nice day.

chris635 wrote:
I know it's a pain but, try a stock cooler connected to the cpu fan header.

I'll have to pick one up and give it a try, just out of interest what is it this is trying to prove? a fault with the H100i?

I'm also using it now with my old board so surely if it was faulty it wouldnt work with this one either?

chris635
Level 7
I was curious if you actually had anything connected to the CPU fan header. I believe if nothing is connected to it, your system will not post. I could be wrong but I think it is the case.
Chris...Have a nice day.

xrhaomx
Level 7
I'll get ahold of a stock fan and try it out

AMD_FX_9370
Level 7
Try blowing the cpu socket out with compressed air. You can also upgrade to the latest bios via usb holding down the rog connect button with the system in standby.
MOBO - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
CPU - AMD FX-9370 @ 4.7GHz 1.45v
COOLING- Xspc raystorm,Xspc RX240 rad, EK C5F-Z wb,Swiftech mcp 655 pump
RAM - 8GB Corsair Dominator @ 2133MHz 9 11 11 31 54 2T 1.65v
GPU - ASUS R9 390X DCII 8GB
HDD - Samsung SSD 250gb evo X2 raid 0/ Segate 1.5tb 7200
PSU - Corsair TX750W
CASE - Corsair 450D
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64bit