cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus z97-a and 4790k

leahd4
Level 7
hi all
i know its rog forum but i really need the help i wasted countless hours on google to find anything with no luck whatsoever
ok so i have z97-a and 4790k got them a week ago
so far i didnt pay any attention to my voltages so everything is was default on bios i only enabled xmp
while running a streess test in aida 64 i see my vcore is bit hig for 4.4ghz its standing at 1.303 while cinebench running at 1.268
i tried manual voltage and i can get 4.6ghz at 1.2v.
now the problem is it stay 1.2 so i changed it to adaptive - offset on auto aditional turbo v on 1.225 just incase it need the extra kick
so i ran cinebench / games and monitor my max VId and its still going to 1.268-1.296,
i dont know what to do more since its really stupid to run cores at 70C while i can get 60c max at 1.22
besides imo its too much voltage for 4.4 ghz
iim srry for the long story but id like a precise answer
my info from bios when i boot are vcore 1.079
memory voltage 1.365 and cache is 1.200
is ai suite 3 who overriding the bios?
i really need help with that:P
ty in advance guys
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hello leahd4

Try setting offset to manual then (negative) - .040v or there about.

leahd4
Level 7
wow ty for quick reply.
though if i'd put offset to negetive -0.0.4 itll b around 1.26 on aidai stress test and 1.226 on cinebench
now what aboutt idle volt? wont it bump down from 0.7 roughly to 0.66?
wont it crash on idle?
if it wont crash then why not taking it like that=
additional turbo = 1.2 and offset to -0.8 that way in stresstest itll b 1.22 and in cinebench gaming itll b 1.2 no? or the offset will take gaming to 1.268-0.8 to under 1.2 roughly 1.8 wich will cause instability?
srry for bad grammer english isn't my native lengueage

leahd4
Level 7
Ok so idid something like this plz tell me if its wrong
adaptive offset at negetive -0.068 and aditional turbo at 1.2
@4.4 i get 1.201 at cinebench and 1.24 at aida64 full load max temp 69 on core 2
@4.6 i get 1.201 cinebench and 1.24 at aida64 full load max temp 71 on core 1
full idle mode its on 0.68v
is that settings ok ?
can i keep it like that?

Nate152
If you are stable when at idle yes you can keep it like that.

1.201v for 4.6GHz seems pretty good.

leahd4
Level 7
ty well i thought i had bad cpu or mobo then i saw lots ppl gettin overvolt from z97 boards
i ran aida 64 for 5 min only tho so i dont know rlly if its stable but on max load its on 1.24 while gaming its at 1.201
so by setting negetive voltage ill b able to have better lifespan on my cpu since its more logical to have 1.2 then 1.3
temps coller too
gaming never get me over 49 😛
ok then ill keep those settings ty so much for ur help
might try 4.7 @1.275 i think it should work but im happy and dont see any need to oc that cpu so far no bottleneck whatsoever

anyway so far stable on idle/ games/ bench/ stress on aida64
ill keep those settings
tho i rlly dont understand why the overvolt is so high on thse boards...

Nate152
I suppose it's over volted a little just to ensure stability for all cpu's at stock settings as all cpu's are not created equal.

leahd4
Level 7
hi again
a friend of mine told me i can put manual voltage and enable eist and all c states
and vcore will drop on idle tho when i did it cpu z shows 1.2 always
temps are low tho so is it possible that c[u-z read bios settings and wont show a drop in vcore that way?

Nate152
No, you have to use adaptive or offset mode to get the voltage to drop, only the speed will drop in manual mode.

leahd4
Level 7
hi again i have annother question
my pch temps are very very durin idle/load
at idle i get 43
at full load while gamin for few hours it go up to 56
is it normal?
my mobo temps r lower 29 on idle and max 33 on full load