cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 Series Officially Retired... Asus North America Video Announcement

hmscott
Level 12
Sad to say, it seems the G750 series has been retired.

ASUS March 2015 Month-In-Review: STRIX and new G Series Notebooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3C3HO0_HII

See announcement at 03:55...
6 REPLIES 6

Light
Level 7
Does that mean no G750 support ?

With outstanding issues yet to be resolved they are somewhat over optimist when they say

"G750 - that notebook has been officially retired, but with that said now you can go out and get one of the new ones".

Light wrote:
With outstanding issues yet to be resolved they are somewhat over optimist when they say
"G750 - that notebook has been officially retired, but with that said now you can go out and get one of the new ones".

Light, I would think it means Asus isn't going to release any new laptops based on the G750 layout. The G750JY will be the last one, and I haven't seen the JY model in the US.

Support / Warranty continues. 🙂

It's too bad Asus stopped this model, even though the G751 is awesome, the G750 provided a better independent heat pipe cooling system, where the CPU and GPU cooling systems are independent.

I really hope Asus comes out with a higher spec / thermal model than the G751 with the shared heatpipes between CPU and GPU - something like the MSI GT80 18" frame would be nice.

It doesn't need to have SLI, but that would be fun too.

Maybe the 980MX or 990M will put out enough heat at full performance to require a larger cooling system again 🙂

Light wrote:

we barely get any support as it is. asus is imo garbage and ill never buy another pc from them. might get a mobo, thats it.

Wr3ckloose wrote:
we barely get any support as it is. asus is imo garbage and ill never buy another pc from them. might get a mobo, thats it.

I don't know about you but taking into account that my old Asus G50v is still working flawlessly for 5 years (I'm only replaced the main fan this feburary, before getting a ROG 750JS), I have the brand in good standing.
The only issue I had with a ASUS laptop was with the GPU of my G1S, with the infamous Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, where the gpu failed. Fortunatly I was already with the G50v (and the G1s was way past the warranty when it failed).

Wr3ckloose wrote:

well, i have to say my G750JX did get off to a bad start.
day 1 i tried to remove the bloat and uninstall mcCrappie but after that it never restarted again. the recovery would not load at all.
day 2 i formatted the disks and clean installed.

i have not had any problems since then and i've swapped all the disks and wifi card since (see sig)
it runs all the os's in my sig without problems.

but there again i have never resorted to asking for help from asus.

it is by far the best laptop i've had and am well pleased. cant think of a good reason to change.
i know the GTX770M is old hat now but it will still play the latest games on high'ish settings with a few tweaks.

oh, and i dont have optimess to worry about so have never had the woes of many seen in the posts here and elsewhere.

my 2c.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

Wr3ckloose
Level 7
hmscott wrote:
Sad to say, it seems the G750 series has been retired.

ASUS March 2015 Month-In-Review: STRIX and new G Series Notebooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3C3HO0_HII

See announcement at 03:55...

sounds like they will be going with the mainstream thin designs to keep up with apple. smh. oh well, gaming laptops will die out because we dont get anything more than console ports so no need for all that extra power.