cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blu-ray drive not detected - PC Freezes

Lucho_Rozas
Level 7
Hi, first of all, sorry for my English, is not my native language.

I got a Maximus VI Formula with 2 SSD connected to SATA6G_1 (Windows) and SATA6G_2 (DATA), and 3 HDD connected to SATA6G_3, SATA6G_4, and SATA6G_5 respectively. Additionally, I got a Blu-Ray drive that I want to connect, but I realize that I cannot connect when I used the Wi-FI device.

When I connect the Blu-ray drive to the Asmedia ports, my session in Windows delay to start about 20, 30 minutes (USB ports, laggy sound, windows startup programs), when I disconnect the Blu-ray drive, everything start in a few seconds, with no problems.

When I connect the Blu-Ray drive to SATA6G_6, Sometimes everything is just fine, but sometimes my PC freezes and simply crash with no BSOD at all, the screen got particles and look like the video card is broken. (No video card problem at all)

I think that I must connect the Blu-ray drive to the Asmedia connector, but I don't want to wait 30 minutes (or more) until I can use my PC.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide me.

And again, sorry for my bad English
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152

From the manual, page 9 at
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VI-FORMULA/E8336_Maximus_VI_Formula.pdf

Intel SATA 6Gb/s ports:
Port 5 will be disabled when M.2 (NGFF) slot on mPCIe Combo II is in use.

ASMedia SATA 6Gb/s ports:
These SATA ports are for data hard drives only. ATAPI devices are not supported.

Ty for your answer bch, I must change 1 HDD to the Asmedia connector, and the blu-ray drive to the SATA port, other than port 5.

Thank you guys for your help!

ty Nate152, I already Installed the latest drivers

Nate152
The next thing to try is with just one ssd and your optical drive and see if that makes any difference.

bch
Level 8
I am glad to help. Personally, I would do this:

Intel1: SSD1
Intel2: SSD2
Intel3:
Intel4:
Intel5: mPCIe
Intel6: Blu-Ray

ASMedia1: HDD1
ASMedia2: HDD2
ASMedia3: HDD3
ASMedia4:

Lucho_Rozas
Level 7
Thank You for your help guys, I´m already do the suggested changes and everything goes just fine! Thank You again 🙂 !!!