cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely upset with asus!

GrieverXVII
Level 7
Guys...I bought an Asus Gaming Laptop (G750JW) about a year ago, just recently the screen started getting red pixels all over the screen especially in black areas, it's clearly defective because i've plugged the hdmi output to a regular monitor and the problem disappeared, this is a defective screen!

I called up ASUS support, they set me up with an RMA, so i went out, bought a box, high quality bubble wrap for careful packaging and paid for shipping to the repair center...

So i get the laptop back after two weeks, and the problem hasn't been fixed, at all! So i call them up right away, trying to keep my cool I explain to them what the problem is and how I shouldn't have to pay for another shipping to them, they set me up with an "express" RMA, so they paid for everything this time.
Now this is what gets me upset, I specifically told the ASUS rep that it needs to be checked to make sure the issue is fixed before it's sent back to me, she said "our asus technicians always make sure it's checked before sending back", I indicated that it was clearly not the case the first time! So this time I even went to measures of telling the rep to put notes saying to "CHECK BEFORE SENDING!" and another two weeks later...Laptop shows up at the door.

Just guess....just guess what the issue is again.

Yup, laptop still isn't fixed. So about a month of wasted time, Wasted money on shipping and packaging, and wasted time making a decent calm effort to ensure it's checked before sending it back and it still isn't fixed.

What do I even do at this point!?
5 REPLIES 5

Korth
Level 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4gZ8b65XMM

Sorry, not helpful. But couldn't resist.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

GrieverXVII
Level 7
its not the laptop i wanna shoot right now...

X-ROG
Level 15
Hi - can you PM me your previous case details, product serial number, with all the dates of contact and if possible who you spoke to. Thanks.

GrieverXVII
Level 7
I decided to live with the issues as this has taken a month to "try" and resolve with no solution and it's a complete waste of my time and impeding my work life, i'll find a way to get it resolved elsewhere since I can't rely on asus repair centers. I think that's the last time i'll ever be buying an asus product. I've never had a product sent back to me "twice" unfixed from a warranty coverage, Asus is the only company this has happened with and it's extremely poor that they can tell me the technician checks to make sure it's fixed then sent back, because that's clearly not the case, TWICE! never has a company been so poor in it's servicing department through my experiences. I even spoke with a supervisor at the customer call center, couldn't even contact the repair center to see what the heck is going on, couldn't really do much else than a standard service rep...what kind of a business is this?

worst customer service/warranty i've ever experienced, will not buy or recommend asus to anyone. there's a reason i stay loyal to companies like EVGA, should learn from them.

sk2play
Level 13
I fixed my mom's ASUS computer recently by re-attaching the video cable to the LCD Screen. This required that I take off the plastic LCD bezel and remove 6 screws on her model to get to back end of the LCD screen in its raw form..

This fixed the issue for a couple of months and then red streaks appeared again. After making sure the LCD Cable was firmly attached, I figure out the LCD was warped. Her fix was to push forward the two upper sides of the LCD screen toward her. This fixed it for her session on the laptop. Every time after closing the lid and re-opening it, she had to do that. Her laptop is a AMD dedicated GPU card type that does 1080p. I gave her mine and now get the excuse to get another gaming laptop.

While I am not a ASUS technician, I have worked on Laptops as a benchtech for a decade. So, I am comfortable doing what I did.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit