cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW will not find USB drive to boot

superbanki87
Level 7
Ok, so I've had the G75VW for a few years now, and only had minor issues with it, until today. My internal DVD drive went, win7 got corrupted, and the BIOS won't regret recognize either my external DVD drive (USB) or my Bootable WIN USB I formatted with Rufus. Everything hardware wise is stock.

I'm not sure what info to post, also don't see what I can post, as Win7 won't get past a missing dll...msa something.
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
Are you sure you have your Rufus and ISO set up to install win 7 UEFI? your system was shipped set up UEFI
Too reach a boot menu on boot up hit the ESC key that will bring up a boot menu from there select your UEFI DVD or UEFI USB.
Are you sure that your hard drive as not also gone defective?
Check out this thread if your sure your hard drive is not defective. This thread covers just about any type install you want to try. Your DVD player can easily be replaced
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

superbanki87
Level 7
Thank you, I did not have it set to UEFI, trying that now!

superbanki87
Level 7
Well, that did not fix it. I'm honestly at a complete loss as to what to do here. I can't even get my external dvd drive to work as a bootable device!

Have you hit the turn on button and ESC key to bring up a boot menu? from there select your UEFI USB or UEFI DVD?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro