cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM - Not powering up!

Zora
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to get my girlfriend'ss new machine (a few days old) to turn on/power up,
but nothing happens. Currently the battery led is flashing as if it's charging. So far I've
tried to turn it on both with and without the battery but nothing happens when I press the
power button. From what I understand from her, the machine had finished a bunch of updates
when it was shut down and then left to fully charge.

I have no clue to what is wrong currently so some advice would be appreciated, however I do suspect
that the bios was automatically flashed while it was updating which could be the cause to the problem.

Thank you in advance.

/Zora
5 REPLIES 5

hmscott
Level 12
Zora wrote:
Hello everyone.
I'm trying to get my girlfriend'ss new machine (a few days old) to turn on/power up,
but nothing happens. Currently the battery led is flashing as if it's charging. So far I've
tried to turn it on both with and without the battery but nothing happens when I press the
power button. From what I understand from her, the machine had finished a bunch of updates
when it was shut down and then left to fully charge.

I have no clue to what is wrong currently so some advice would be appreciated, however I do suspect
that the bios was automatically flashed while it was updating which could be the cause to the problem.

Thank you in advance.

/Zora

Hi Zora, the charging light shouldn't be blinking, that is an indicator that something is wrong with charging.

You can try a power reset. Power down, pull out the power cable from the laptop, pull out the battery, and then press and hold the Power button for 20 sec to 1 minute - then put it back together and try powering up.

If that doesn't work, you should take back the laptop to where you bought it, explain the problem, and ask for a new in the box replacement.

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Hi Zora, the charging light shouldn't be blinking, that is an indicator that something is wrong with charging.

You can try a power reset. Power down, pull out the power cable from the laptop, pull out the battery, and then press and hold the Power button for 20 sec to 1 minute - then put it back together and try powering up.

If that doesn't work, you should take back the laptop to where you bought it, explain the problem, and ask for a new in the box replacement.

Please come back and let us know how it works out 🙂

We ended up with having to file an RMA case on it. Turns out the the motherboard was faulty and was replaced.
However, now the laptop is having an occassional issue where it won't begin to charge unless the AC adapter has been
pulled from the socket and back in - sort of saying it seems like the AC adapter needs to be "reset" from time to time.
Otherwise there haven't been other issues since she got it home.

/Z

deanosbeano
Level 7
I got a brand new G750jw delivered this afternoon, can't even witch it on, just black screen and no drive activity

deanosbeano wrote:
I got a brand new G750jw delivered this afternoon, can't even witch it on, just black screen and no drive activity

deanosbeano, did you plug it in? The battery may have discharged during storage. When you plug it in does the 2nd light from the left turn Green - showing it is charging?

Leave it charge for an hour or two and try again.

If that doesn't work you can try the Power reset, pull the power cable, take out the battery, and press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then put it back together and try to power up again.

If it still won't power up, report it as DOA to the seller and get a replacement.

gazzacbr
Level 10
Hi,
i get the blinking light if i have shutdown from a new mavericks install without a proper power management.
it was resolved by just unplugging from the power and then physically removing the battery for a few seconds.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16